Windows 10: Slow LAN

Discus and support Slow LAN in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I have a tiny but very annoying problem: My home wired network was designed with CAT5e and CAT6 LAN cables. All components have gigabit LAN, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BN_1, Feb 7, 2020.

1. BN_1 Win User

Slow LAN

Hi!

I have a tiny but very annoying problem:

My home wired network was designed with CAT5e and CAT6 LAN cables. All components have gigabit LAN, I use WIN 10 pro, and I applied for FTTH – that is working fine.

Unfortunately, there is no gigabit connection on either of my computers at the on-board LAN Intel i211 and Realtek RTL8111GR. Only 100 Mbit line is available – NO GIGABIT. I tried to change all parameters at Windows and hardware settings, BIOS-UEFI; I have updated the on-board LAN with latest drivers – without success.

I tried to use the wired system with my MacBook and it was working fine! So I installed a TP link Gbit LAN card TP-LINK TG-3468 to one of the computers and since then it is working fine, as well.

Therefore, I consider that Windows 10 system and the LAN drivers have some issues!

Help me what to do! When will I be able to use my on-board card, with Gbit speed?

Please save comments as: change cable, use latest driver, restart, rebiuld your wired system... etc..I need useable help!

Thank you!

BN_1

:)

BN_1, Feb 7, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Feb 7, 2020
  3. doc89 Win User
    LAN Network Slow speeds

update, problem fix with the following. Thanks 100MB/s on large files

doc89, Feb 7, 2020
  4. RevengE Win User

Slow LAN

Building a LAN rig

well guys I want to build a rig just for LANS I want it to be nvidia seeing that I'm an amd/ati guy I want to switch it up a bit I just want it to be a midrange system nothing too expensive any suggestions or full lists that you come up with would be awesome!

RevengE, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Slow LAN

1. Slow LAN - Similar Threads - Slow LAN

2. High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed: High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed. What should I do? My router is connected with a lan cable to my pc for faster connection but it seems like there is something wrong because I should be possible to get up to 250mb per second but I only get up to 30*****moved from...
  3. High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed: High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed. What should I do? My router is connected with a lan cable to my pc for faster connection but it seems like there is something wrong because I should be possible to get up to 250mb per second but I only get up to 30*****moved from...
  4. Internet on PC slow after reinstalling LAN drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet on PC slow after reinstalling LAN drivers: Back story: I had been experiencing random issues with an online game I play. It was suggested to me by someone else who previously experienced the same to update my internet drivers.I downloaded the most recent LAN and WiFi drivers from my mobo manufacturer's website and...
  5. Internet on PC slow after reinstalling LAN drivers

Internet on PC slow after reinstalling LAN drivers: Back story: I had been experiencing random issues with an online game I play. It was suggested to me by someone else who previously experienced the same to update my internet drivers.I downloaded the most recent LAN and WiFi drivers from my mobo manufacturer's website and...
  6. LAN file sharing too slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN file sharing too slow: The problem is very old i found reports from 10+ years, with hundreds of "copypaste" and generic anwers from microsoft over several websites and this forum, why no one ever cared enough to fix this, or at least tried to look into it?!?!Comparing a large file 20GB...
  7. LAN file sharing too slow

LAN file sharing too slow: The problem is very old i found reports from 10+ years, with hundreds of "copypaste" and generic anwers from microsoft over several websites and this forum, why no one ever cared enough to fix this, or at least tried to look into it?!?!Comparing a large file 20GB...
  8. LAN file sharing too slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Wifi and Lan super slow after formatting and before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Lan super slow after formatting and before: I had several internet problems in the past months. Even with low ping some games lagged and the speed for download wasn't more than 5mb's on WiFi both 2.4ghz and 5.0gjz and no more than 20 on the lan. My internet speed is around 60-90 on smartphone or other devices, only the...
  10. Wifi and Lan super slow after formatting and before

Wifi and Lan super slow after formatting and before: I had several internet problems in the past months. Even with low ping some games lagged and the speed for download wasn't more than 5mb's on WiFi both 2.4ghz and 5.0gjz and no more than 20 on the lan. My internet speed is around 60-90 on smartphone or other devices, only the...