Windows 10: Slow laptop after turning off Defender

Discus and support Slow laptop after turning off Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Hello. I am Mia. Since I have turned off my window defender. My laptop is to slow to work. Just like a turtle. What can I do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Miafrances, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Slow laptop after turning off Defender

Split from this thread.​

Hello. I am Mia. Since I have turned off my window defender. My laptop is to slow to work. Just like a turtle. What can I do without turning on the window defender?

:)

Miafrances, Aug 13, 2020

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Aug 13, 2020
  3. windows defender turned off.....................

@atramsuraj: You can
    read this post
    and follow the given steps to re-enable your Windows Defender. And, by the way:

• What OS are you running?
    • Are you also using 3rd-party security program? If so, please consider disabling it, as some could turn off Windows Defender automatically.

nofoistapp, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Slow laptop after turning off Defender

WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Roger,

Windows Defender is our first line of defense against any spyware or malware infections that may harm our computer. To turn on Windows Defender manually, you may follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.

If it will not turn on manually, you may need to check if the program was set to Automatic in the Services. Please follow the steps that we've provided last September 3, 2017.

Should you have other questions, don't hesitate to let us know.

Eileen Gal, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Slow laptop after turning off Defender

1. Slow laptop after turning off Defender - Similar Threads - Slow laptop turning

2. Laptop turns off immediately after turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop turns off immediately after turn on: helloi was resetting my laptop,suddenly it started a loop for selecting "operating system",after some time i dosent boot and when i turn it on it just **** down and open again.pls tell what should i do for thisthanks!...
  3. Laptop turns off immediately after turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off immediately after turn on: helloi was resetting my laptop,suddenly it started a loop for selecting "operating system",after some time i dosent boot and when i turn it on it just **** down and open again.pls tell what should i do for thisthanks!...
  4. Laptop turns off immediately after turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows defender turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender turned off: my windows defender got completly turned off by a virus and i need help turning it back on[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-turned-off/1ace7038-f611-4e3d-a190-a6a133ce76df
  6. WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop: Hello, probably after updating windows10, although I am not sure, in my laptop, where everything was okay so far, something with Wifi turned on, which disconnects after, e.g. sleeping the laptop. After turning it on, I have to wait a while until the internet connects again. I...
  7. Windows Defender turning off.

Windows Defender turning off.: I have Malwarebytes Premium and I use Windows Defender as a primary scanner, but whenever i update or restart, it turns itself off and i have to turn it back on. Is this normal or something?...
  8. turning off windows defender

turning off windows defender: [ATTACH]i need help because i'm not sure,if i turned off my windows defender will these threats comeback and be allowed? the other 3 at the top are removed or restored so please help....
  9. Laptop turns off after switching on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns off after switching on?: I was working on my laptop (hp win 10) and went away for a moment and when I came back it was off when I turned it on I had a black screen and when I turned it off it turned off when I tried to turn it on it turned off with a clacking sound I tried to turn it on again and got...
  10. turn off defender

turn off defender: under settings windows defender does not give option to turn off, can someone help, also webroot paid version is running, will they conflict 88943