Windows 10: Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update

Discus and support Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop slowed down by a lot after the november 13 2018 update. I already reseted it. It's still very slow how do I fix this? Thanks in advance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Roughsteel, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update

My laptop slowed down by a lot after the november 13 2018 update. I already reseted it. It's still very slow how do I fix this? Thanks in advance

:)

Roughsteel, Nov 14, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update

Q: USB ports will not work. Maybe due to windows update?

Hi,

If you have installed the February 13, 2018 security update,
    KB4074588 (OS Build 16299.248), then its possible that your device has been affected by the ongoing issue about some USB device and onboard devices, such as a built-in laptop camera, keyboard or mouse, not working. If so,
    we suggest that you follow the methods suggested on this support article.
    The article includes steps on how to restore the USB functionality and perform a system restore. Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update

1. Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update - Similar Threads - Slow laptop due

2. Windows Update Nov 13, 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Nov 13, 2019: The latest update has deleted several of my most recent Word documents completely. I've "searched everywhere", and looked manually in Users and my doc folder, but they are gone, gone, gone. Considering that the documents in question were university assignments, it is...
  3. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID: I posted before the holidays and due to travel, did not have a chance to fix before the holidays. Please send me a link to get this OS Booting again. The OS is on my RAID drive. If I need to download a driver for my Intel Rapid Storage Technology RAID, please let me know...
  4. Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData

Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData: Latest Windows update (Nov. 2018) resulted in a black screen. MS assisted with Custom Reinstall, but PC is now running exceptionally slow & not all of my User data was copied over to the Windows.old file. I am now unable to run anything to try to fix the PC and will likely...
  5. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID: My OS was on my RAID and functioning fine before this November 2018 update. Windows loads into RAM, but cannot find desktop (because it cannot see the OS and the User account profile files). This is maddening why Microsoft will FORCE an update that kills a system. Why can't...
  6. Windows 10 Updates for Nov. 2018

Windows 10 Updates for Nov. 2018: All, when I search for updates, they say they have downloaded and installed and even restarted my computer. When I go to "view update history" nothing shows up. Is this something new? The question I really have is: have my updates been installed and why are they not showing...
  7. Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!: The latest Microsoft update was forced on my HP laptop last night overnight. Now when i turn it on, i have normal background, touch screen tonlogin and get BSOD. Hitting F4 doesnt help, rebooting several times, i do not fet a safemode option. Just BSOD every time. Help!...
  8. Programs Removed by Windows 10 Major Updating Nov. 2018

Programs Removed by Windows 10 Major Updating Nov. 2018: While I have just discovered about this glitch in Windows 10 update, reported since 2017, I wonder why Microsoft has not warned its users! It is totally devastating. After a notification in the Action Center. I agreed to the update (Nov. 9th, 2018). The dire result after...
  9. Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018

Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018: I recently had an issue when updating my Windows 10. Everything went through fine save for the important feature update. Here are some screenshots below so you can see the issue. Can someone help me out here? The architecture this system runs is 1706 according to a winver...
  10. New Laptop running slow due to windows updates

New Laptop running slow due to windows updates: Kia Ora I recently bought a HP 14 068au laptop ...It runs really slow...I contacted hp support who check it out and said it was a windows update problem, so I contacted Microsoft and they can't seem to fix it...Is this pro common w ith hpnew laptops and windows updates ? If...