Windows 10: Slow loading desktop and freezing issues

Discus and support Slow loading desktop and freezing issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So for the past month I been having issues with logging in my computer. It would load my desktop slowly or freeze if I leave it the I see the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Streetkilln, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Slow loading desktop and freezing issues

So for the past month I been having issues with logging in my computer. It would load my desktop slowly or freeze if I leave it the I see the mouse with the loading icon and it will load for an hour. I try restarting multi times. I also went into safe mode and it loads fine I disabled all my auto start up programs and tried logging in normally and still takes the same amount of time. This hasn't happened since a month or two ago.. I also tried turning off the fast boot thing.

Any ideas why its doing this. Also I want to try reinstalling windows ten how can I go about doing so if I don't own the disc becasue the upgrade offer..

Really need help I can only use my pc in safe mode as its not starting up correctly.. And I don't have the money to get my pc looked at.

:)

Streetkilln, Oct 1, 2015
  2. bluesriff Win User

some web pages slow to load

my pc running windows 10 latest version 64 bit, kasperskey 2017 security. some web pages are slow to load in edge browser sometimes

freezing, explorer 11 is also slow but not freezing. i have cleared history on both, scanned with kaspersky 2017 found no issues,

run sfc scannow found no issues, run adwcleaner and it found 4 issues removed them, stil no better then used ccleaner still got

web pages loading slow.

i have checked for any updates.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

bluesriff, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Jasonut Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update... slow internet.

I have the same issues and trying to find a solution.

Creators Update has made my PC terribly slow.

1. Slow to boot

2. It freezes randomly.

3. Programs slow to load.

4. I started getting BSOD's

Computer worked flawlessly prior to this update.

I even formatted the computer and completed clean install. Still slow. Still freezes. However, I don't get BSOD's anymore.

PC is so slow with Creator update it is unusable.

Jasonut, Oct 1, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Slow loading desktop and freezing issues

JohnC, Oct 1, 2015
Thema:

Slow loading desktop and freezing issues

1. Slow loading desktop and freezing issues - Similar Threads - Slow loading desktop

2. Slow to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow to load: My laptop is really slow to start up. And so do my apps except folders and documents. My web browser does this to sometimes. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-to-load/e6f05add-8163-400c-9b49-14156f4b689a
  3. Slow to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow to load: My laptop is really slow to start up. And so do my apps except folders and documents. My web browser does this to sometimes. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-to-load/e6f05add-8163-400c-9b49-14156f4b689a
  4. Computer freezes loading desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezes loading desktop: Power on, get login screen, login and computer starts coming up with desktop display, and freezes before icons and apps load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-freezes-loading-desktop/0c10a7c4-4a1c-49b2-9fca-83da8ee815ef
  5. Slow Loading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow Loading: Some of the programs on my ssd have been loading slowly for a while now. I don't know when it started, but I think it has gotten a little slower recently. For example, when I click on chrome, nothing happens for about 5-7 seconds. Then when the program opens, it is blank for...
  6. slow loading desktop apps when boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow loading desktop apps when boot: At the time of boot . My laptop load Desktop apps slowly when I enable/install these services my laptop load desktop application slowly Other problems like enabling WSL(Windows service for Linux) Installing database like oracle 11g Enabling virtualization...
  7. Slow loading and freezing

Slow loading and freezing: The Problems I have two problems which I suspect are related, so I am including them both in this post. 1. Slow App Load. This PC has always been slow at loading apps. Particularly Microsoft Office apps. In 2016 I upgraded to Office 2016 from Office 2007 but that...
  8. Win10 freezes at loading or desktop.

Win10 freezes at loading or desktop.: Hi, Windows 10 is freezing on my custom PC. It does boot to safe mode, though. I was able to do a little work on it there, but it didn't resolve the issue. I checked my reliability report and found a few items. Here they are. Adobe Acrobat DC Windows Installer reconfigured...
  9. Slow Desktop Loading

Slow Desktop Loading: Hi I have a dell vostro 15 3568 laptop. Since last few months the loading time after entering the password is taking longer than usual. With 8 gb ram and i5 processor I am facing this issue. after entering the password i have to wait for minimum of 2-3 minutes to get the...
  10. Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading: Hi all, I'm using an Intel SSD 240GB 520 series. Always loading very fast, i.e., about 8 seconds from cold boot. Since windows 10 is installed, boot time is about 20 seconds and desktop icons take some time to refresh and load their images. Regarding the boot time:...