Windows 10: Slow loading folders

Discus and support Slow loading folders in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I started experiencing slow folder loading, up to 10+ seconds, some time ago, perhaps a month or two. Maybe after a windows update. I can't remember... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kitpzyxmsir, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Slow loading folders

I started experiencing slow folder loading, up to 10+ seconds, some time ago, perhaps a month or two. Maybe after a windows update. I can't remember for sure, but no system changes were made around that time except for those made by WU.

A good example where there is no good reason for this to be happening is my Start menu directory, which contains nothing but shortcuts

Slow loading folders [​IMG]

I tried the conventional approach for most folders, changing the customize tab to "General Items", including sub folders, but It doesn't help. Also, choosing the "subfolders" options does not carry over to the "customize" options for those subfolders, which I guess at this point doesn't matter because the "general Items" tweak is not effective, but I thought I"d mention it.

Not to mention the fact that the C:\ drive does not even have a "customize" tab in properties.

I just did a fresh install, and it's still a problem, with virtually nothing added to the added to the system.

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Jul 9, 2019
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Very slow to load Downloads folder in Windows 10

The steps outlined at How to Fix a Slow-Opening Windows Downloads Folder helped me.

1. Open File Explorer. You can get there by hitting Windows Key + E or clicking on the explorer icon in your taskbar.

2. Right click on the Downloads shortcut in the
    window pane and select Properties.

3. Navigate to the Customize tab.

4. Select "General items" from the "Optimize this folder for:" list.

5. Click Ok.​

MarineGeek23, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Slow loading folders

Windows 10 Painfully load folders contents really slow regardless if is a folder created by me or a windows folder

Every single folder regardless if is a folder created by me or a windows folder or even any folder in any of my other 3 hard drive it will load the content inside this folder Pics video whatever that is inside the folder loads painfully slow. I even
    did a fresh install of windows 10 with a clean brand new SSD HDD, Motherboard, CPU and still the problem persist.

I have a very powerful machine with SSD, 4.6 Intel 6 core processor and a Geforce GTX 1080 and this thing load the contents inside any folder really slow. Never had this happen to me before it just mysteriously started happening, this is definitely a windows
    problem not a components problem.

I have been suggested to do a few things trying to fix the problem like changing the folder to (General) but every folder is already set to general

I have been suggested to go to system configuration and uncheck (Windows search) and save and restart

none of this method did nothing to solve the problem.

ApocalypseDooms, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Slow loading folders

1. Slow loading folders - Similar Threads - Slow loading folders

2. Mapped drives slow loading of folders and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped drives slow loading of folders and files: Since moving to Windows 11, we're having issues with mapped drives and the time it takes to open files and folders. We never had the problem with Windows 10. Our settings have remained the same it's the OS that is different. Has anyone else had this issue?Any help would be...
  3. Mapped drives slow loading of folders and files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapped drives slow loading of folders and files: Since moving to Windows 11, we're having issues with mapped drives and the time it takes to open files and folders. We never had the problem with Windows 10. Our settings have remained the same it's the OS that is different. Has anyone else had this issue?Any help would be...
  4. Slow to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow to load: My laptop is really slow to start up. And so do my apps except folders and documents. My web browser does this to sometimes. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-to-load/e6f05add-8163-400c-9b49-14156f4b689a
  5. Slow to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow to load: My laptop is really slow to start up. And so do my apps except folders and documents. My web browser does this to sometimes. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-to-load/e6f05add-8163-400c-9b49-14156f4b689a
  6. Slow Loading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow Loading: Some of the programs on my ssd have been loading slowly for a while now. I don't know when it started, but I think it has gotten a little slower recently. For example, when I click on chrome, nothing happens for about 5-7 seconds. Then when the program opens, it is blank for...
  7. Slow folder load time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow folder load time: Is there any way to speed up folder load times? I have more than 250 items in the folder and they takes a while to arrange themselves (by date). Anyway to speed this up? G4560, 8GB 166128
  8. Windows Folders loading very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Folders loading very slow: Hi, My PC is very slow when loading folders. This is particularly noticeable with picture folders. I mean it can take 5 minutes and the green status slider is still going to load the pictures. I have sent hours and hours online trying to find an answer. I've tried...
  9. Contents of folders loading slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Contents of folders loading slow: Ever since I did a Factory Image Restore, the contents of folders load slow or not at all. What can I do to resolve this? 106640
  10. Slow Folder Loading when sorting by Date

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Folder Loading when sorting by Date: I am a photographer and needless to say have thousands of photos on my computer. However, I've noticed since upgrading to Windows 10 that a folder with only 5 jpeg's can take 10 seconds to load (with the green process bar) if I sort by date. Seems to be fine with file name...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 new folder very slow