Windows 10: Slow loading speeds for programs, games and apps.

Discus and support Slow loading speeds for programs, games and apps. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently did a clean reinstall of windows on my computer. After the install finished my computer loaded fine, but when I reinstalled steam and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TaylorBreaux, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Slow loading speeds for programs, games and apps.

I recently did a clean reinstall of windows on my computer. After the install finished my computer loaded fine, but when I reinstalled steam and discord to my pc they were loading very slowly around 3-5 minutes or so. I’m confused as to what could’ve changed if they were loading fine before the clean reinstall of windows. I’ve checked for more windows updates and my driver is also up to date. I’m really not sure what’s causing this if I’m missing updates somewhere or if could be a problem with my drives.

:)

TaylorBreaux, Dec 30, 2021

2. Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Hi Riel,

Reuben

ReubenFaleiro, Dec 30, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Thank you for your reply.

Some users have reported that they're experiencing some computer issues after installing KB4074588. In this case, we suggest uninstalling the said update by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Update & security.
    • Click Update history.
    • Under Update history, click Uninstall updates.
    • Highlight KB4074588, then click Uninstall (beside Organize).

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Dec 30, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

Slow loading speeds for programs, games and apps.

Download speed is slow when downloading apps from the Store

Hi Elijah,

A few possible reasons can cause slow download speed when installing apps. To help us identify the cause of this issue, we would like to know the following information:

• Do you also experience slow connection when browsing the Internet using Edge?
    • What is the make and model of your phone?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your reply.

Gino Des, Dec 30, 2021
Thema:

Slow loading speeds for programs, games and apps.

1. Slow loading speeds for programs, games and apps. - Similar Threads - Slow loading speeds

2. Cannot load games, Apps or programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot load games, Apps or programs.: Tried to do a driver rollback but option is not highlighted and couldn't do a rstrui,exe, restore. Computer also takes forever to startup and shutdown; Games seem to initiate startup but never load. Installed NVIDIA driver update and windows update but now all my games both...
  3. Cannot load games, Apps or programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot load games, Apps or programs.: Tried to do a driver rollback but option is not highlighted and couldn't do a rstrui,exe, restore. Computer also takes forever to startup and shutdown; Games seem to initiate startup but never load. Installed NVIDIA driver update and windows update but now all my games both...
  4. Slow loading speeds for programs, games and apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow loading speeds for programs, games and apps.: I recently did a clean reinstall of windows on my computer. After the install finished my computer loaded fine, but when I reinstalled steam and discord to my pc they were loading very slowly around 3-5 minutes or so. I’m confused as to what could’ve changed if they were...
  5. Slow loading speeds for programs, games and apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow loading speeds for programs, games and apps.: I recently did a clean reinstall of windows on my computer. After the install finished my computer loaded fine, but when I reinstalled steam and discord to my pc they were loading very slowly around 3-5 minutes or so. I’m confused as to what could’ve changed if they were...
  6. Programs loading slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs loading slow: I was messing with OC and when I though I had everything good to go (was going for 5GHz on a i7-9700K), then the errors came and I was doom and figure this is the best I'm going to get at 4.9. So after that, I noticed that nothing would load like it did in the past. I turned...
  7. Programs loading slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs loading slow: When I click on a program (double click), the program doesn't pop up. When I click on it again, it might come up, but when I do this I get two of the program running. Any clue on why this is happening? Thanks 166737
  8. games loading slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    games loading slow: Microsoft card games wont load or are very slow. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-loading-slow/9354d681-5e37-4b47-b2e1-4e1f86ebfa0c
  9. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...
  10. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...