Windows 10: Slow lock screen

Discus and support Slow lock screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I turn on my computer (or restart) the lock screen takes about 5 minutes before I can finally enter my password. After it starts, it takes another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Speechless, May 9, 2020.

1. Slow lock screen

When I turn on my computer (or restart) the lock screen takes about 5 minutes before I can finally enter my password. After it starts, it takes another 5 minutes before I can do anything. I disabled programs running on startup, and that seemed to slow it down even more. I just purchased a refurbished laptop yesterday. Do I need to install some sort of boost?

:)

Speechless, May 9, 2020

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, May 9, 2020
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Slow lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, May 9, 2020
  4. rmanasa Win User

Slow lock screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Slow lock screen

1. Slow lock screen - Similar Threads - Slow lock screen

2. Lock in Screen is not loading Lock in Screen is not loading,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock in Screen is not loading Lock in Screen is not loading,: Lock in Screen is not loading, I have shut the laptop down and restarted it, what shall i do?It wont me type in the password, the actual screen is not showing anything just stays blue and then doesn't load....
  3. Windows lock screen incredibly slow response after KB5005565 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows lock screen incredibly slow response after KB5005565 update: After updating KB5005565 yesterday, it seems my lock screen after 15 minutes past for screen saver no longer responds immediately to my keyboard/mouse input. It takes a minute or so for the app details to appear, then even more minutes to show the PIN text box for me to gain...
  4. Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?: After installing AMD "Radeon Software", another screed with a MS like background appeared...UGH. I have a lock screen, login screen., so what else could this be? When I change the lock screen color it will take and when pressing (Windows-key and the L) it will lock to that...
  5. Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?: After installing AMD "Radeon Software", another screed with a MS like background appeared...UGH. I have a lock screen, login screen., so what else could this be? When I change the lock screen color it will take and when pressing (Windows-key and the L) it will lock to that...
  6. Why is my lock screen so slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is my lock screen so slow?: I have recently upgraded my rig. I got a new case and a new PSU and added an SSDrive. The thing is, none of the things used to boot up have changed, except that I got new SATA cables to hook up my old hybrid drive and the new SSD. Now when I boot the PC, when it gets to my...
  7. Locked up slow desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked up slow desktop: My desktop is running something all the time. I tried to locate what was running and got an error code: C:\Windows\Diagnostics\Index\MaintenanceDiagnostic.xml 0x80070005...
  8. Lock Screen Not Locking

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Not Locking: Hey Guys I've had some issues with the Windows 10 lock screen on my Surface Book. When I close the lid it's to set to sleep. When I open the lid half of the time it will use the camera to verify, and half of the time it will have just say swipe lock screen and provides no...
  9. Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance: Can anyone tell me how to eliminate the lock screen preview and bypass the 'Sign In' button on the lock screen? I often put my computer to sleep then to bring it back (in Windows 7) I would simply hit the space bar and turn on my mouse and it would go straight to my...
  10. Back from Lock Screen is SLOW

in Windows 10 Support
    Back from Lock Screen is SLOW: I've been using Windows 10 for 2 days now since is released. One of the irritating things I've noticed that getting back from Lock screen is slow and I got the rotating loading circle for 5 seconds like I just login to Windows. I use all SSDs and even I'm not, that never...