Windows 10: Slow logging process in all workstations and servers in the domain

Discus and support Slow logging process in all workstations and servers in the domain in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A few days ago, a problem started in this environment and now logging in any Windows 10 machine or any server except the domain controllers takes more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BadTemper, Mar 22, 2023.

1. BadTemper Win User

Slow logging process in all workstations and servers in the domain

A few days ago, a problem started in this environment and now logging in any Windows 10 machine or any server except the domain controllers takes more than 25 seconds. That is causing several other problems.I have this escenario: a local domain running on domain controllers with Windows 2019 fully patched. The Domain functional level is Windows 208 R2This is affecting all users and client devices. When you hit enter after typing the username and password you get the screen showed in the attached image and after 25 or more second is that the user name shows up in the screen and the real Login

:)

BadTemper, Mar 22, 2023

2. Windows 10 Domain Workstation cannot browse server shares

I have a single Windows 10 (14393) workstation on a network consisting of 13 workstations all connected to a Windows Server Essentials 2016 domain that will not see/browse the server shares. The services are all running and shows connected in the server
    dashboard. The workstation can ping the server and an nslookup resolves the server just fine. The workstation sees only 3 other domain workstations in 'network', but can ping them all. I've disabled the firewall and AV with no luck. A net use \\servername
    and net use \\serverIPaddress both return Error 53 - Network path not found. From the server I can browse to the \\workstation\c$ just fine. SMB is all enabled, and I've scanned for malware, nothing found. Also, I can browse the Internet just
    fine, so networking appears to be working as expected. I simply cannot reach the shared drives on the local server. DNS is set to the Essentials Server. Any ideas on where to look next?

Thanks!

JoeThompson7713, Mar 22, 2023
  3. samene Win User
    Frequently having to restart WORKSTATION process

My client PC maps drives to my local WS2008R2 server shares. These drives become disconnected over the span of 2 to 5 days. I restart the WORKSTATION process and the drives are instantly restored.

I was about to automate the restarting of this process when I realized I should look for the root cause instead. Not much in the event viewer, just a lot of notifications that the SMB connections have become disconnected. Dome failures to resolve the server's
    name.

The state of the WORKSTATION process while the problem is occurring is RUNNING, hence I restart rather than start.

I have two clients doing this. The workstations are not joined to the server's domain. One was doing this under 8.1 and continues now under Win10. The other is Win10 and I don't know about earlier issues.

The server's SMB Connectivity log is empty.

Anyone recognize this? Is this a common/known thing? Am I looking in the wrong place for clues?

samene, Mar 22, 2023
  4. Slow logging process in all workstations and servers in the domain

CredSSP error on domain joined workstations

Unable to understand this situation. All workstations without domain are able to take remote sessions without difficulty, While all domain joined workstation throwing error of CredSSP oracle server remediation.

aibadsiddiqui, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

Slow logging process in all workstations and servers in the domain

1. Slow logging process in all workstations and servers in the domain - Similar Threads - Slow logging process

2. Is it possible to require a password to log into a domain workstation, but unlock it with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to require a password to log into a domain workstation, but unlock it with...: So when users log in first thing, they would still need a password. But if they lock their desktop for a break and come back, they could unlock it with just a pin number?...
  3. Is it possible to require a password to log into a domain workstation, but unlock it with...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it possible to require a password to log into a domain workstation, but unlock it with...: So when users log in first thing, they would still need a password. But if they lock their desktop for a break and come back, they could unlock it with just a pin number?...
  4. Is it possible to require a password to log into a domain workstation, but unlock it with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Slow logging process in all workstations and servers in the domain

Slow logging process in all workstations and servers in the domain: A few days ago, a problem started in this environment and now logging in any Windows 10 machine or any server except the domain controllers takes more than 25 seconds. That is causing several other problems.I have this escenario: a local domain running on domain controllers...
  6. Slow logging process in all workstations and servers in the domain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow logging process in all workstations and servers in the domain: A few days ago, a problem started in this environment and now logging in any Windows 10 machine or any server except the domain controllers takes more than 25 seconds. That is causing several other problems.I have this escenario: a local domain running on domain controllers...
  7. Spinning Wheel of Death when locking an auto-logging domain workstation.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Spinning Wheel of Death when locking an auto-logging domain workstation.: Our workstations automatically log in to the domain. When we lock the console, we get the "spinning wheel of death". Does not occur on a WS that does not auto-logon....
  8. Spinning Wheel of Death when locking an auto-logging domain workstation.

Spinning Wheel of Death when locking an auto-logging domain workstation.: Our workstations automatically log in to the domain. When we lock the console, we get the "spinning wheel of death". Does not occur on a WS that does not auto-logon....
  9. Logging into windows domain with Windows 10 workstation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logging into windows domain with Windows 10 workstation: This is probably a stupidly simple question for some of the people on this so, so I apologize in advance. I have a laptop with Windows 10, and can sign into it using the account that was given. I also have been given a domain account and would like to sign into the domain...
  10. Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation: One of the domain user is getting logged onto a temporary profile on any workstation that they log onto. I have checked the registry and removed the corrupted user profile. Ensured that the user profile was deleted. Also performed a sfc and dism. DISM fails when you do a scan...