Windows 10: Slow login after mouse issues and restart.

Discus and support Slow login after mouse issues and restart. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every once in a while after using a mouse or having an xbox controller plugged in for a while, my laptop starts acting strange. For the xbox controller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GrmGordon, Sep 7, 2020.

1. GrmGordon Win User

Slow login after mouse issues and restart.

Every once in a while after using a mouse or having an xbox controller plugged in for a while, my laptop starts acting strange. For the xbox controller even after unplugging it, any time that I open the start menu it acts as if I'm spamming the tab key, yet for whatever reason only does it in there. And for the mouse, it eventually stops recognizing any clicks on the laptop mouse or the one I have plugged in, as well as things not responding in any way to the mouse hovering over them. In both cases, after restarting my laptop it takes an absurdly long time to log in, but the issues seem to stop. It does this every once in a while now. If anyone knows anything about this or how to fix it, it'd be appreciated.

:)

GrmGordon, Sep 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 Login issues

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

• If it logs in Create a new user account and link the Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 7, 2020
  3. NaelAmer Win User
    Windows 10 Very Slow Login

Hi Arul,

What's with the slow login and unlocking in Windows 10? We're still suffering with the issue, we're using high end PCs, overclocked ones with SSDs and paid that much for speed, and Windows 10 comes to slow down our machines?!

Please raise this issue to higher level management or someone who can take a real step in fixing the issue ASAP.

Thank you.

NaelAmer, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Slow login after mouse issues and restart.

little cat, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Slow login after mouse issues and restart.

1. Slow login after mouse issues and restart. - Similar Threads - Slow login mouse

2. PC slow after restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC slow after restart.: I just restared my pc and it became slow. This has already happend to me multiple times before but it gets fixed by a windows update. I already tried sfc scannow, system restore. I don't think it's unecessary apps since it was running perfectly before i restarted, I also...
  3. Mouse/Touchpad issues, and login issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/Touchpad issues, and login issues.: I updated my laptop but during the update I accidentally turned it off or someone did, when I turned it back on I had no mouse/touchpad to use. I then tried factory reset but it failed, I tried a couple of different ways, but none worked, although my touchpad now works on the...
  4. Mouse/Touchpad issues, and login issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse/Touchpad issues, and login issues.: I updated my laptop but during the update I accidentally turned it off or someone did, when I turned it back on I had no mouse/touchpad to use. I then tried factory reset but it failed, I tried a couple of different ways, but none worked, although my touchpad now works on the...
  5. Mouse/Touchpad issues, and login issues.

6. Issues after KB5018410 Installed, Slow System and Jumpy Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues after KB5018410 Installed, Slow System and Jumpy Mouse: after this update took quite a while to install, I'm now having issues with my system running slow and the mouse reacts very slow, jumpy. I replaced the battery already 2x just to make sure that wasn't the issue. Seems to get slightly better once the system is running for...
  7. Issues after KB5018410 Installed, Slow System and Jumpy Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues after KB5018410 Installed, Slow System and Jumpy Mouse: after this update took quite a while to install, I'm now having issues with my system running slow and the mouse reacts very slow, jumpy. I replaced the battery already 2x just to make sure that wasn't the issue. Seems to get slightly better once the system is running for...
  8. Issues after KB5018410 Installed, Slow System and Jumpy Mouse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Login screen altered, login slow, and desktop icons missing after a hard restart

Login screen altered, login slow, and desktop icons missing after a hard restart: I use an HP Pavilion running Windows 10 64-bit. After what I believe was a simple and minor freeze due to a few large programs open, I recently tried fixing the situation by opening the task manager. However, when that took too long, I managed to close the programs normally....
  10. Restarts after login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restarts after login: After i login on a new computer i just bought, for some reason, it restarts! Ive tried lots of things, and i dont have a usb with windows 10 on it either so i dont know what yo exactly do except finding help, so if anyone can help im all open for it....