Windows 10: slow login after turning off internet explorer

Discus and support slow login after turning off internet explorer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; a few days ago i decided to turn off he internet explorer feature after the restart i typed my PW in the lock screen and got the turning wheel for like... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by nickfree, Jan 21, 2020.

1. nickfree Win User

slow login after turning off internet explorer

a few days ago i decided to turn off he internet explorer feature
    after the restart i typed my PW in the lock screen and got the turning wheel for like a minute.
    on another restart it was slow too,but not as much.
    but after getting into the desktop i could see the icons on the right in the taskbar slowly showing one by one.(which never happens,it's immediate usually).
    went into event viewer a saw two new events:
    EventID 6003 –The winlogon notification subscriber <SessionEnv> was unavailable to handle a critical notification event
    EventID 6000 – The winlogon notification subscriber <SessionEnv> was unavailable to handle a notification event.
    if it persist I'll try to turn IE on again.
    any idea what going on?

:)

nickfree, Jan 21, 2020

2. Internet explorer is slow and having other problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that things can be frustrating when it goes unusual.

We are here to assist you.

Please follow the steps and check if the issue can be resolved:

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Internet Explorer Performance
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on view all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Internet Explorer Performance,
      click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, reset internet Explorer by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Step 3: If the issue persist,
    turn off the internet explorer and turn it back on by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

How to turn Internet Explorer off

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/How-to-turn-Internet-Explorer-off

Here are some common solutions to problems you might be experiencing with your browser.

You may also check the suggestions from the below link on What to do when internet Explorer isn't working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this information helps. Please post back for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 21, 2020
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

slow login after turning off internet explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. slow login after turning off internet explorer

Slow or not responding Internet Explorer. Chrome works though.

Hello Jen,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the Internet Explorer browser. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you are able to access Internet Explorer?

Step 1: Check if you are able to find Internet Explorer on Windows Features.

• Press Windows + X, click on Programs and features
    • Click on Turn Windows Features on or off.
    • Search for Internet Explorer, uncheck the option and restart the computer.
    • Later, turn on Internet Explorer.

Step 2: Also, if you are able to access and find Internet Explorer,
    I suggest you to clear the caches, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. in Internet Explorer.

Refer to: What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

slow login after turning off internet explorer

1. slow login after turning off internet explorer - Similar Threads - slow login turning

2. Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.: I turned IE because of its' history showing up in the "Run" dialog (when I type "C", it shows locations) and Firefox set as default in every location in "Settings" and still get this error until I turn IE back on: 182047
  3. Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.: I turned IE because of its' history showing up in the "Run" dialog (when I type "C", it shows locations) and Firefox set as default in every location in "Settings" and still get this error until I turn IE back on: 182047
  4. error message says internet explorer is turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    error message says internet explorer is turned off: Where do I turn on internet explorer so Quick Books will open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-says-internet-explorer-is-turned-off/f43cd214-254e-466f-a97f-8a4477abc4bb
  5. Slow laptop after turning off Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Slow laptop after turning off Defender: Split from this thread. Hello. I am Mia. Since I have turned off my window defender. My laptop is to slow to work. Just like a turtle. What can I do without turning on the window defender?...
  6. Monitor/s turning off after login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor/s turning off after login: Hey, I've never posted and asked for help in such a way but at this point im kinda of desperate and need some help before sending myself off to see a computer technician. My apologies if I've posted in the wrong place but anyways. I'm currently using dual monitor, just...
  7. Can I turn off internet explorer 11?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I turn off internet explorer 11?: I have Windows 10 Home Edition and I use Firefox as my browser. Can I turn off Internet Explorer 11? I was about to but I got the message Turning off Internet Explorer 11 might affect other Windows Features and Programs installed on your computer including default...
  8. Internet Explorer is slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer is slow: My faster computer take 10 times longer in internet explorer 11 to bring up a site than my slower computer. I deleted the cookies but didn't help. What could be causing this? Internet edge is OK 148369
  9. Slow Internet Explorer is slow

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Internet Explorer is slow: My faster computer take 10 times longer in internet explorer 11 to bring up a site than my slower computer. I deleted the cookies but didn't help. What could be causing this? Internet edge is OK 148368
  10. Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer: How to: Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer How to Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer [img] Information Internet Explorer will play sounds in webpages by default in Windows. If you like, you can turn off playing all...