Windows 10: Slow login and missing texts in context menu, filenames, task manager

Discus and support Slow login and missing texts in context menu, filenames, task manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a problem with my system this morning. My laptop needs like 10-15 minutes after I entered my pin until my desktop appears. Even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by afphs, Aug 19, 2020.

1. afphs Win User

Slow login and missing texts in context menu, filenames, task manager

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my system this morning. My laptop needs like 10-15 minutes after I entered my pin until my desktop appears. Even then, many texts are missing from almost everywhere screenshot attached. I tried restarting and I still have the same problem. I don't think it is a colouring problem because the context menu size changes as well. How can I fix this problem?

Thank you!

Slow login and missing texts in context menu, filenames, task manager db5126de-7959-44b3-8142-cbac4ef45287?upload=true.png

:)

afphs, Aug 19, 2020

2. Selected filename in new menu option in Windows Explorer Context Menu

It's possible to add a new menu option to Windows Explorer Context Menu with the first selected filename in menu text? Example: right click on "file.txt" file must show a menuitem called "Open filename.txt with MyProgram"

José ManuelBiurrun Orce, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Slow login and missing texts in context menu, filenames, task manager :(

ArmoredCavalry, Aug 19, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Context Menu Very, Very Slow

Please confirm you used Autoruns to disable context menu entries...

Slow login and missing texts in context menu, filenames, task manager [​IMG]

- note second to last on folders e.g.

The next to try is the venerable Contextedit:

Slow login and missing texts in context menu, filenames, task manager [​IMG]

- note the two Folder entries further down on the left too.

However your comments suggest there may be something deeper.

dalchina, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Slow login and missing texts in context menu, filenames, task manager - Similar Threads - Slow login missing

2. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onerive context menu missing: The context menu right click with the "Share/View Online/Always Keep On This Device" options is missing on one of my computers for some reason. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive, but that didn't fix it. I also tried the solutions from the Microsoft support...
  3. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onerive context menu missing: The context menu right click with the "Share/View Online/Always Keep On This Device" options is missing on one of my computers for some reason. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive, but that didn't fix it. I also tried the solutions from the Microsoft support...
  4. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  6. Context Menu is slow and irritating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Context Menu is slow and irritating.: Hello, I am Aryesh and I have a problem with my windows 10 context menu. Right click context menu actually. When I right click a folder or a notepad document, app shortcut, etc. There is a little busy cursor for some time and then the context menu appears. Any suggestions? I...
  7. Missing app on task manager Startup menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing app on task manager Startup menu: Hi, i just happen to notice that some of my app has been dissapear from the startup menu in task manager, this keep them keep turning on everytime i boot my laptop, some app missing such as Epic Games launcher, Steam game launcher and so on, how can i fix this issue? My...
  8. Selected filename in new menu option in Windows Explorer Context Menu

Selected filename in new menu option in Windows Explorer Context Menu: It's possible to add a new menu option to Windows Explorer Context Menu with the first selected filename in menu text? Example: right click on "file.txt" file must show a menuitem called "Open filename.txt with MyProgram"...
  9. Context Menu Very, Very Slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Very, Very Slow: so i just did an in-place upgrade that resolved pretty much all of the issues i was having, but unfortunately the context menu is now extremely slow. let me rephrase that, it's lightning quick when on the desktop or certain files (.dll for example), in fact it couldn't be...
  10. Add Task View to Context Menu?

Add Task View to Context Menu?: How do I add the Task View functionality to my context menu. 106988