Windows 10: Slow Login Troubleshooting

Discus and support Slow Login Troubleshooting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Dell laptop is taking about 10 seconds to login whereas it use to be much faster. I found a tip about setting the Group Policy Option "Display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Slow Login Troubleshooting

My Dell laptop is taking about 10 seconds to login whereas it use to be much faster. I found a tip about setting the Group Policy Option "Display highly detailed status messages" as shown below. This shows most of the login time is spent on "Preparing Windows". Any tips on where to go from here?

Slow Login Troubleshooting [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Sep 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 14, 2019
  3. NaelAmer Win User
    Windows 10 Very Slow Login

Hi Arul,

What's with the slow login and unlocking in Windows 10? We're still suffering with the issue, we're using high end PCs, overclocked ones with SSDs and paid that much for speed, and Windows 10 comes to slow down our machines?!

Please raise this issue to higher level management or someone who can take a real step in fixing the issue ASAP.

Thank you.

NaelAmer, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Slow Login Troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Slow Login Troubleshooting

2. Troubleshooting login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting login password incorrect: Hey i had the problem where my PIN wasn't working so I tried troubleshooting and whenever I try troubleshoot like start repair or command prompt it tells me to enter my password for account but when I do it says password is incorrect for no reason any help?...
  3. Troubleshooting login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting login password incorrect: Hey i had the problem where my PIN wasn't working so I tried troubleshooting and whenever I try troubleshoot like start repair or command prompt it tells me to enter my password for account but when I do it says password is incorrect for no reason any help?...
  4. Troubleshooting login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows slow login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows slow login: hello i'm a user of windows 10 . i have a desktop and whenever i press the cpu button and the computer starts the screen is hanged with a black screen and cursor for 5 - 10 minutes please tell what can i do...
  6. windows slow login

windows slow login: hello, i am a user of windows 10 from the past 9 years. but from the last 6 months whenever i login and the put the password the windows takes almost 2 minutes to start. i tried everything - can sfc scan, performed a clean boot, stopped all the background apps closed all...
  7. Troubleshooting slow CPU speed and utilisation

Troubleshooting slow CPU speed and utilisation: I have been struggling with this problem on my laptop for several months now and it has been getting worse and worse - I haven't found anywhere online with the same exact issue so I am asking for help here! The laptop is a Lenovo U41-70 with an i5-2200U CPU @2.20GHz. The...
  8. Diagnosing Slow Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Diagnosing Slow Login: My Dell laptop is still taking about 10 secs to login despite having a SSD drive and just being upgraded to v2004 (it was the same before the upgrade). I've disabled obvious third party stuff I don't need in Autoruns. Doing a clean boot by disabling third party service in...
  9. Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?: I installed this week's cumulative update today and all was fine. I then used the TAKEOWN command on the windows.old folder left over from the Anniversary Update I did a while ago to remove one residual file (which is already in the main windows folder). I couldn't delete it...
  10. Slow Login on Occasions?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Login on Occasions?: I recently installed a SSD and clean installed Windows 10 and just a few applications such as Office 2010 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2016. A cold boot to the login screen takes 15s (fast start up disabled). I have one Microsoft account and two local user accounts....