Windows 10: Slow mouse depending on location

Discus and support Slow mouse depending on location in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a weird problem. I have a wireless LOGITECH mouse that I use with my laptop. When I'm in my office, it works fine but when I work in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JGENT, Dec 26, 2016.

1. JGENT Win User

Slow mouse depending on location

I have a weird problem.
    I have a wireless LOGITECH mouse that I use with my laptop. When I'm in my office, it works fine but when I work in the livingroom the mouse crawls across the screen. Everything is the same. Same profile same mouse, same laptop, same network connection (Ethernet, not Wireless). I checked and I have the latest Logitech driver and Windows is also updated. I can't understand how is that possible Anyone?

:)

JGENT, Dec 26, 2016
  2. Roya1jr Win User

Slow scrolling in Microsoft Photo

Open the control panel and go to the mouse properties ( This depends on which drivers/device you use mine is ELAN) click the last tab and and click on options, it should open up your mouse device setting navigate to the multifinger section (yours may
    differ depending on the device) and go to scrolling and change the speed from slow to fast or which ever feels the best and it should scroll normally after (Edit) You can also change the number of lines scrolled in the normal windows settings

Roya1jr, Dec 26, 2016
  3. Mouse pad is slow and freezes in Windows 10

Original Title: slow mouse-pad

I managed to stop my mouse-pad from freezing up after using the keypads and now the mouse has gone slow I need assistance immediately

JesseFernandez, Dec 26, 2016
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there. Same mouse pad or different surface?

Either that or something in the living room is giving out a wave distorting the Bluetooth wave?

Tony K, Dec 26, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    I agree that something in the room is causing a interference. Do you have a cordless phone close by?

Winuser, Dec 26, 2016
  6. JGENT Win User
    Thank you for your replies
    I tried different surfaces with no changes
    I will try turning off the cordless phone next however, I should also mention that it is not just the wireless mouse. I have the same issue with a wired mouse which I tested in all the ports

JGENT, Dec 27, 2016
  7. Tony K Win User
    Well, then that's just plain weird. Is the lappy on a surface in your living room where it's cooling ok?

Tony K, Dec 27, 2016
  8. Wynona Win User

I'm in agreement with the replies so far; there's something interfering with the mouse. I have a Logitech mouse too, and I can go from my office to the living room and nothing interferes . . . the mouse works wherever I am. That is, except when I use the arm of my recliner as a mouse pad; mousey, he no likey and refuses to respond correctly; very slow and choppy movements.

If it's possible, turn off your Logitech drivers and let the mouse be a plain "generic" wireless mouse and see what happens. If you can't turn off the drivers, it might be worthwhile to uninstall everything Logitech mousewise as a test to see what happens.

No, I haven't tried to turn my Logitech drivers off yet.

Wynona, Dec 27, 2016
  9. labeeman Win User
    Is the wireless mouse receiver plugged in when you tested the wired mouse?

labeeman, Dec 27, 2016
  10. Tony K Win User
    Hi there. Was wondering if you ever got this problem resolved. Anxious to see what it was.

Tony K, Jan 2, 2017
  11. JGENT Win User
    Thanks to everyone for the recommendations. I have not tried all the suggestions made here so far. I will try this weekend and let everyone know what I find.

JGENT, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Slow mouse depending on location - Similar Threads - Slow mouse depending

2. Strange Mouse Behavior since 9/20, not mouse dependent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Mouse Behavior since 9/20, not mouse dependent: Yesterday 9/20 I noticed a few weird issues with my mouse:Sometimes I am unable to click on anything except in a particular application instance. So for instance I might have a chrome window where the mouse interacts with things, but if I then mouse over the desktop, icons on...
  3. Strange Mouse Behavior since 9/20, not mouse dependent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Mouse Behavior since 9/20, not mouse dependent: Yesterday 9/20 I noticed a few weird issues with my mouse:Sometimes I am unable to click on anything except in a particular application instance. So for instance I might have a chrome window where the mouse interacts with things, but if I then mouse over the desktop, icons on...
  4. Where are the services for print spooler dependencies located?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the services for print spooler dependencies located?: TL;DRI want to start the print spooler service. Microsoft services tells me the dependencies for it are RPC two services and something called HTTP, and something called MsQuic. When I look in the list of Services neither HTTP nor MsQuic is listed. What are those services and...
  5. Where are the services for print spooler dependencies located?

Where are the services for print spooler dependencies located?: TL;DRI want to start the print spooler service. Microsoft services tells me the dependencies for it are RPC two services and something called HTTP, and something called MsQuic. When I look in the list of Services neither HTTP nor MsQuic is listed. What are those services and...
  6. Where are the services for print spooler dependencies located?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. mouse location doesnt matches the location on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse location doesnt matches the location on screen: There is a big gap between the mouse marker on the screen and its real location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-location-doesnt-matches-the-location-on/ef534e09-eacb-4daf-8ba0-e9ce919f19ad
  8. PC is stuck in initializing and is location dependent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC is stuck in initializing and is location dependent: I have installed the most recent Windows update and now my computer is stuck initializing. I took it to the shop and they reinstalled a clean Windows version and it worked fine. I returned home with the PC, the same issue continued. Returned it to the shop and I am able to...
  9. Play on a different speaker depending window's location on monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Play on a different speaker depending window's location on monitor: Alright, my question is pretty simple but I'm sure the answer will be extremely complex. Basically, I have a two monitor setup, and I own the SteelSeries Arctis 5 headset which allows me to use two speakers and tune their volume up and down with a small controller (One...
  10. Mouse Without Borders .net dependency Part II

Mouse Without Borders .net dependency Part II: After using Mouse Without Borders for several months, my mouse became quite unstable in late October and early November 2018. I uninstalled the program and started over. I have three Windows 10 machines side-by-side and used the program on two of them. I discovered the...