Windows 10: Slow network speed on windows 10

Discus and support Slow network speed on windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 2 machine's which used to be on windows 7 and 8.1, after updating to Windows 10, while both network adapters show Connected at 1GBs, when I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dupz88, Jan 30, 2020.

1. /u/dupz88 Win User

Slow network speed on windows 10

I have 2 machine's which used to be on windows 7 and 8.1, after updating to Windows 10, while both network adapters show Connected at 1GBs, when I do any file transfers, its slow.

submitted by /u/dupz88
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dupz88, Jan 30, 2020

2. Slow Network speed

Hi Andrew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with the Internet speed.

I will certainly help you.

I appreciate you efforts in troubleshooting the system issue.

I suggest you to please follow the below steps to fix the network issue:

• Press Windows logo key + X key, and select
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type netsh winsock reset and press
      Enter.
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press
      Enter
    • Type ipconfig /release and press
      Enter
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press
      Enter
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press
      Enter
    • Restart the system after performing above steps.

If the issue still persist. Please refer to the link to
    fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Please reach back to us, if you still face the difficulty with Network speed. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jan 30, 2020
  3. doc89 Win User
    LAN Network Slow speeds

update, problem fix with the following. Thanks 100MB/s on large files

doc89, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Slow network speed on windows 10

ReubenFaleiro, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Slow network speed on windows 10

1. Slow network speed on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Slow network speed

2. VPN Slow Network Speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN Slow Network Speeds: We have been experiencing issues with users having internet connection speeds dropping to <1Mbps download speeds when connecting to the company VPN.It started when the Windows security update KB5026372 was installed. We were initially able to fix the issue by uninstalling...
  3. VPN Slow Network Speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN Slow Network Speeds: We have been experiencing issues with users having internet connection speeds dropping to <1Mbps download speeds when connecting to the company VPN.It started when the Windows security update KB5026372 was installed. We were initially able to fix the issue by uninstalling...
  4. SmartByte Network Service causes slow Internet speed on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    SmartByte Network Service causes slow Internet speed on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some PC users reported an unusual experience, whereby they notice slow internet speed on […] This article SmartByte Network Service causes slow Internet speed on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Slow network speed after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow network speed after Windows Update: To whom it may concern! I use Gigabit Internet FTTH - PPPoE which worked on my PC at 850 Mbps in September. In October/November after Windows update it dropped to 200-300 Mbps. approx. I can not get higher rates. The speed test shows ping of 5.4 ms, the DS is approx. 250...
  6. Slow network speed only in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow network speed only in Windows 10: I recently upgraded to gigabit internet and am able to reach >900 mpbs on Linux and macOS (all installed on the same machine) but on Windows 10 I only get 500-600 mbps. I really don't want to reinstall Windows, but I'm at my wit's end here. So far I've done: Verify nothing...
  7. Slow Network Speed

Slow Network Speed: I am helping a friend with her old laptop running Windows 10 Home 64 bit and she has a very slow Internet connection, less than 10Mbps on average. She is paying her ISP for a service called Internet 300 which means she should be getting a download speed of around 200 Mbps. I...
  8. Network connection speed is slow, how to improve?

Network connection speed is slow, how to improve?: I recently bought a new server. It has a Gigabit speed network card. I also have a laptop with a 10/100 card in it. When using remote desktop to transfer files to the server, the speed is only 2-3 MB. I have checked both cards setup, and they are the only two devices on the...
  9. slow network speed on win 10 . lan to harddisk

slow network speed on win 10 . lan to harddisk: using ethernet via Verizon router to copy WD NAS disk to USB 3 Seagate disk via win 10 laptop w541. Speed of copy is very slow. goes up and down a little bit. 2.42 MB/s and lower to KB/s. these are large video files. have tried many tweaks and no luck? Disk to disk via USB...
  10. LAN Network Slow speeds

LAN Network Slow speeds: Currently have a WiFi network setup for internet. Both computers connect to the router via WiFi Dongles. Which is running no problems. Each computer is then plugged into a network switch (cheap 4 port stand alone unit) via Ethernet cables (gigabit ports) and into the...