Windows 10: Slow network transfer speeds between windows 10 pro build 1809 machines

Discus and support Slow network transfer speeds between windows 10 pro build 1809 machines in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have upgraded to the 1809 build and found I am now having problems copying files to network shares on other windows 10 pro build 1809 machines.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MattP73, Feb 3, 2019.

1. MattP73 Win User

Slow network transfer speeds between windows 10 pro build 1809 machines

I have upgraded to the 1809 build and found I am now having problems copying files to network shares on other windows 10 pro build 1809 machines. Transfer speeds used to be between 8MB to 10MB but now have dropped to 365kb.

I have changed the network card and the problem persists. When I am copying to none windows machines such as Linux network shared folders the speed is at 8.9MB. I have tried disabling and enabling auto negotiation but this has not helped.

Please advise.

:)

MattP73, Feb 3, 2019
  2. treyswild Win User

Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed

Windows 10 Pro
    Build: 1709
    OS Build: 16299.309

I have three pc's on my home network. One had windows 10 from the factory the other two were Win 7 and 8.1 and all were experiencing 70-90MB/sec file transfer speeds. My internet was and still is 60MB/sec. After upgrading to windows 10 the file transfer speeds went to 5-8MB/sec. Internet speed is unaffected.

I have followed many forums and tried every suggestion and nothing has resolved this issue. The last big windows 10 update did slow down the native windows 10 machine from 70-90MB/sec to 50-60MB/sec. Also, the native Win 10 machine is connecting via wifi and others via ethernet (wired)
    Any new ideas? Yes, latest drivers. Yes, Large Offload is disabled and many other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

treyswild, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Slow file transfer speeds while copying a file from a windows 10 machine to a windows 7 machine over a network.

Original Title: Slow file transfer speeds

I am getting 1Mb/s transfer speeds when copying a file from a windows 10 machine to a windows 7 machine, both machines are on a gigabit network and are running a 1 Gb/s.

any ideas what may be causing this. it started when I installed my windows 10.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Pierre Letourneau, Feb 3, 2019
  4. treyswild Win User

Windows 10 extremely slow file transfer speeds

I have three pc's on my home network. One had windows 10 from the factory the other two were Win 7 and 8.1 and all were experiencing 70-90MB/sec file transfer speeds. My internet was and still is 60MB/sec. After upgrading to windows 10 the file transfer speeds went to 5-8MB/sec. Internet speed is unaffected. I have followed many forums and tried every suggestion and nothing has resolved this issue. The last big windows 10 update did slow down the native windows 10 machine from 70-90MB/sec to 50-60MB/sec. Also, the native Win 10 machine is connecting via wifi and others via ethernet (wired)
    Any new ideas? Yes, latest drivers. Yes, Large Offload is disabled and many other suggestions.

treyswild, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Slow network transfer speeds between windows 10 pro build 1809 machines - Similar Threads - Slow network transfer

2. Transferring licenses between machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring licenses between machines: Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had...
  3. Transferring licenses between machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring licenses between machines: Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had...
  4. Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines: I am familiar with Windows networking from Domain management and have no problem setting things up at the user or group level with custom permissions. My problem is the reverse of this. I don't seem to be able to have a folder be automatically open to everyone on the LAN...
  5. Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines: I am familiar with Windows networking from Domain management and have no problem setting things up at the user or group level with custom permissions. My problem is the reverse of this. I don't seem to be able to have a folder be automatically open to everyone on the LAN...
  6. Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?: I have HDD A which has Windows 10 Pro. I also have HDD B which has Windows 7 Pro. They are each Virtual Machines VM's. When using B I can use it on every computer. I do not activate the internet. I simply use the VM and the programs contained. I use B with Windows Hyper-V. I...
  7. Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?: I have HDD A which has Windows 10 Pro. I also have HDD B which has Windows 7 Pro. They are each Virtual Machines VM's. When using B I can use it on every computer. I do not activate the internet. I simply use the VM and the programs contained. I use B with Windows Hyper-V. I...
  8. Slow Internet Speed on Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Internet Speed on Windows 10 1809: Dear Community, I am getting a very slow speed internet after updating to 1809. I raised the issue Microsoft but have heard from them, it's been more than 45 days. I am on 100 Mbps plan, I am getting the speed on my mobile phone but on my laptop, I am getting max...
  9. Slow Data Transfer Speeds in Home Network Between PCs

Slow Data Transfer Speeds in Home Network Between PCs: I'm wondering if there's any way I can increase the data transfer speed between 2 of my computers on my wireless network. I'm seeing about 1.25MB/s according to the box that shows you the speed/duration of a file transfer. I'd love to even triple this tiny speed because I am...
  10. Slow transfer speed between two builds

Slow transfer speed between two builds: Hey, y'all I just finished a new build and turned my old setup into a server/data host for my network. Both computers have a fresh install of windows and are connected together through a router with a Cat6 and Cat5 cable with a average connection of 200Down/30Up. Issue im...