Windows 10: slow opening response

Discus and support slow opening response in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Iv downloaded MS flight sim 2020 and upon opening it when I get to the "checking for updates" the program lags then stops. I did a speed test on my wi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by geiadude, Sep 1, 2020.

1. geiadude Win User

slow opening response

Iv downloaded MS flight sim 2020 and upon opening it when I get to the "checking for updates" the program lags then stops. I did a speed test on my wi fi set up and the results are as follows Ping 1Ms Download 33.26 Mps

upload is 7.83 Mps could anyone help me with this

jeff

Thanks

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

geiadude, Sep 1, 2020

2. "open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Slow Response On Right Click

Hi Bruceneo,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; what is the make and model of your computer?

As per your query, I suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

• Follow on screen instruction.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 1, 2020
  4. slow opening response

Very slow response when opening programs and file explorer

Hello,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent change made prior to this issue?
    • Does the issue only happens when opening programs/files from the taskbar?

Meanwhile, I'd recommend checking this article to help you improve your PC's performance in Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

slow opening response

1. slow opening response - Similar Threads - slow opening response

2. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  3. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  4. Slow response opening applications Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow response opening applications Windows 10: Applications that usually open in a few seconds take up to 2 minutes to launch. I have no idea what might have changed in the last 24 hours. I'm up to date on Windows. The Task Manager Resource Manager shows 50%+ memory usage. I don't now whether that's atypical for my...
  5. System Slow Response

System Slow Response: I have an i38th gen year old laptop with 4GB RAM, W10 & MS365both original, licensed. Whenever i try to open Chrome or Edge, the first response is "Chome/Edge is not responding". It takes agonizingly long time to open and same is the case with closing, it takes long time to...
  6. Slow PC response

Slow PC response: Lately Microsoft Edge, Windows Explorer, and Outlook turn on very slowly when I click on them. Edge and Explorer take 2 minutes to turn on, and Outlook 1 minute to turn on. Why? Never had this issue before....
  7. Slow response

Slow response: My keyboard giving me a very slow response on typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response/1a3f12a0-1adb-4de8-884d-0e0476213f70
  8. SLOW RESPONSE

in Windows 10 Customization
    SLOW RESPONSE: My PC has been slowing down for a while now, I can open a browser and wait for minutes for it to load the same applies to other applications AND I HAVE THE UPDATED WINDOWS 10. I have done disk cleanups, changed advanced settings but still nothing can I be helped?...
  9. slow response to websites

slow response to websites: very slow response to click on websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response-to-websites/4616451f-328d-43ae-bb0f-878be17fda4e
  10. Slow Response Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Response Time: Entering into the game works prefect; however once selections are made and the game begins, response time is impossible. Clicking onto a number called, or the thermostat climbing and clicking onto it is the problem. Is there a solution to this issue?...