Windows 10: Slow optimization

Discus and support Slow optimization in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings. Would someone please explain to me why it has taken 2hours to optimize my drive and it’s only at 32 percent current status says: Pass... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnnetteIturbe, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Slow optimization

Greetings. Would someone please explain to me why it has taken 2hours to optimize my drive and it’s only at 32 percent

current status says: Pass 4:32 consolidated

Im afraid to stop it for fear it could mess something all up.

:)

AnnetteIturbe, Aug 13, 2020

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to run disk optimization in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to optimize the drive?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to use Administrator account to perform Optimization and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Go to Search, type services.msc and hit Enter

• Make sure that following services are set to Automatic:

• Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

• DCOM Server Process Launcher.

• RPC Endpoint Mapper.

And also refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Slow optimization

optimization not available

Hi Brock,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

I suggest you to start the Optimize drives Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for Optimize drives Service.
    • Double click on Optimize drives Service and click on
      Start
      button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 help & how-to.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Slow optimization

1. Slow optimization - Similar Threads - Slow optimization

2. If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?: I wanted to know if I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down? Just kinda nervous of messing my laptop up fron it...
  3. If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?: I wanted to know if I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down? Just kinda nervous of messing my laptop up fron it...
  4. Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.: i can see that more people had the same problems, i need a solution : the internet is too slow!The velocity on Speedtest looks good. i think that is a PC problem like if he has a internet limit. i tried other wifi and its still the same. Thanks u.I have wimdow 11I intalled...
  5. Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.

Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.: i can see that more people had the same problems, i need a solution : the internet is too slow!The velocity on Speedtest looks good. i think that is a PC problem like if he has a internet limit. i tried other wifi and its still the same. Thanks u.I have wimdow 11I intalled...
  6. Slow internet on single device

Slow internet on single device: I'm making a new post because I've yet to get another response to my old one I've tried everything I could find. uninstalling drivers, resetting connection, everything. I have no vpns, or anything that would cause this. The only fix I've been able to do is uninstalling media...
  7. I need a method to stop delivery optimization from wrecking our internet. We have VERY slow...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need a method to stop delivery optimization from wrecking our internet. We have VERY slow...: I don't know what to do about delivery optimization. It destroys our speed for over an hour sometimes. I've disabled it in services, I've disabled it in regedit, Ive tweaked its settings to allow it the absolute smallest amount of data possible- and it takes all it wants...
  8. My laptop continously keeps crashing and working very slow how to optimize the speed

My laptop continously keeps crashing and working very slow how to optimize the speed: My System InfoIntel core i3 3110m CPUMICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 PRORAM 2 GBHDD 500 GB ST500LM012PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-continously-keeps-crashing-and-working/f4a62695-f6df-4975-b614-a6cb80e9b373
  9. My laptop continously keeps crashing and working very slow how to optimize the speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop continously keeps crashing and working very slow how to optimize the speed: My System InfoIntel core i3 3110m CPUMICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 PRORAM 2 GBHDD 500 GB ST500LM012PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-continously-keeps-crashing-and-working/f4a62695-f6df-4975-b614-a6cb80e9b373
  10. My laptop continously keeps crashing and working very slow how to optimize the speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging