Windows 10: Slow or non responsive computer

Discus and support Slow or non responsive computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Click on a link and nothing happens. App like Scatter hold up poker doesn't boot, or very slowly boots.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ginger122000, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Slow or non responsive computer

Click on a link and nothing happens. App like Scatter hold up poker doesn't boot, or very slowly boots.

:)

Ginger122000, Jun 27, 2019
  2. 24 214 Win User

non responsive

my page keeps freezing and says non responsive ,need suggestions what to do

24 214, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Non response

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run system file checker scan and check the issue.

Sfc /scannow will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • At the Command Prompt, type:
      sfc/scannow
    I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Slow or non responsive computer

Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Slow or non responsive computer

1. Slow or non responsive computer - Similar Threads - Slow non responsive

2. Constant crashes/non-responsiveness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant crashes/non-responsiveness: Windows 11 has been crashing/being non respondent usually after using any browser specially any videos but other times just with minor multitasking. I've tried updating drivers for everything AMD chipset, graphics card, etc These are the most common errors I get on the event...
  3. Constant crashes/non-responsiveness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant crashes/non-responsiveness: Windows 11 has been crashing/being non respondent usually after using any browser specially any videos but other times just with minor multitasking. I've tried updating drivers for everything AMD chipset, graphics card, etc These are the most common errors I get on the event...
  4. Taskbar non-responsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  5. Taskbar non-responsive.

Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  6. Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard

Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC v1809 on a touchscreen PC.This PC came with a piece of equipment my company purchased, and when it was installed, the touchscreen keyboard worked fine; it popped up when you entered a text input field, or when you pressed the button...
  7. Help with Slow / Non Responsive Win 10 On Old PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Slow / Non Responsive Win 10 On Old PC: I have a quite old PC, only the GPU is recent (2018). When I first installed Windows 10, around 2015 or so, the system was running fine at an acceptable response time without lag or "no response" issues. Generally I've always followed the various guides about "making Windows...
  8. Word in Win365 is slow to non-responsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word in Win365 is slow to non-responsive: I have noticed in past 1-2 weeks that Word has often been slow/non-responding when attempting to open document. I've been running Windows 365 for several months, and this slow-down has been a recent development. Today Word took so long to open about 2 minutes that I did a...
  9. Slow response

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow response: My keyboard giving me a very slow response on typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response/1a3f12a0-1adb-4de8-884d-0e0476213f70
  10. SLOW RESPONSE

in Windows 10 Customization
    SLOW RESPONSE: My PC has been slowing down for a while now, I can open a browser and wait for minutes for it to load the same applies to other applications AND I HAVE THE UPDATED WINDOWS 10. I have done disk cleanups, changed advanced settings but still nothing can I be helped?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer is non responsive to selections

2. non responsive programs and slow computer after trojan attack