Windows 10: Slow PC - 50% Disk Usage but 100% on C: Drive

Discus and support Slow PC - 50% Disk Usage but 100% on C: Drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. i've seen multiple posts on the 100% disk issue and tried all of the previously suggested actions (disabling search, superfetch etc and all that).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KevinBaughen, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Slow PC - 50% Disk Usage but 100% on C: Drive

Hi. i've seen multiple posts on the 100% disk issue and tried all of the previously suggested actions (disabling search, superfetch etc and all that). I had no 'slow' disk issues at all as MS updates seem to have rectified the situation in the Spring of 2018 for us. However, since a September Windows 10 update, we are slow to boot up and slow-running again. When I access the task manager, processes tab, I see disk usage at 50% rather than the previous 100% give-away...

But when I look at the Performance tab, Disk 0 C: (the main hard drive of my machine) is operating at 100% nearly all of the time...

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this issue please a the general running speed and in particular the boot up speed has deteriorated significantly. And in advance, I'm grateful for all suggestions but please don't suggest buying an SSD as I'm looking for a way of undoing whatever problems MS has caused again rather than having to pay several hundred Euros to fix faults they caused. Slow PC - 50% Disk Usage but 100% on C: Drive :)

Cheers

UF

:)

KevinBaughen, Oct 9, 2018

2. Windows Disk Usage is 100%

My computer has been extremely slow for a while. The Disk usage is always at 100%. (It shows up as 50% in the task manager list while 100% in the graph). Is there any solution for how to fix and speed this up? I have tried to turn off windows search index
    and did the command "net.exe stop superfetch" but both did not have much of an effect. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

windows10keepsdisconnecting, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Disk usage 100% and slow startup of windows

Hi Microsoft,

My System startup time is always slow and disk usage is always 100%. I tried stopping services like Superfetch, Windows Search and BITS. I changed my paging file size for C drive to Min 8192 and Max 16384 and still I face the Disk usage issue.

Laptop Model:Acer Nitro 5 Spin

Processor:Intel Core i5 8th gen

RAM:8 GB

AbdulMukthar M, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Slow PC - 50% Disk Usage but 100% on C: Drive

Memory at 50% and Disk usage at 100%

So I bought a brand new gaming laptop and it came with Windows 8 and so I used that for the first day or two and there were no problems. I installed Windows 10 and now the ram/disk was both at 100% most of the time. I was able to fix some mem leak though
    the memory is ALWAYS at 50% now and the disk usage is at 100% for the first 30 minutes after start-up. How can I fix these problems?

FaTaLxCheMiCaL, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Slow PC - 50% Disk Usage but 100% on C: Drive

1. Slow PC - 50% Disk Usage but 100% on C: Drive - Similar Threads - Slow 50% Disk

2. C disk usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C disk usage at 100%: I've been having the problem for the past couple days now and I'm unsure what could cause this. I've tried disabling sysmain and other things inside services, since according to many tutorials it should have fixed it, but it never did. The disk usage is at 100% most of the...
  3. C disk usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C disk usage at 100%: I've been having the problem for the past couple days now and I'm unsure what could cause this. I've tried disabling sysmain and other things inside services, since according to many tutorials it should have fixed it, but it never did. The disk usage is at 100% most of the...
  4. C disk usage at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disk Drive Usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Drive Usage at 100%: HI everyone, I just recently built my first PC and it's running great except I'm consistently getting 100% disk drive usage when I start up my computer or start a new application. I didn't notice it until I opened task manager about a week after getting the PC up and running...
  6. 100% Disk 0 C: Drive usage? Is there a reason why my C drive is constantly at 100% usage?...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% Disk 0 C: Drive usage? Is there a reason why my C drive is constantly at 100% usage?...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Trever5005 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gfcrh4/100_disk_0_c_drive_usage_is_there_a_reason_why_my/
  7. 100% disk usage and slow boot

100% disk usage and slow boot: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron laptop for about three and a half years and in recent months its boot is slow and in the first minutes, it uses 100% of the disk. It has some heavy programs like Visual Studio, Android Studio and more on it, but it's not always been like that. I...
  8. 100% Disk Usage, Slowing Down PC. Anything?

100% Disk Usage, Slowing Down PC. Anything?: Often times I get 100% disk usage on my PC. I searched on the internet previously about why I was getting this. I originally thought this was a normal problem. Anytime I get 100% disk usage, my PC starts slowing down and things start running slower. This for some reason...
  9. How do I fix a slow PC with 50% disk usage but 100% on the main HDD?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I fix a slow PC with 50% disk usage but 100% on the main HDD?: Hi. i've seen multiple posts on the 100% disk issue and tried all of the previously suggested actions (disabling search, superfetch etc and all that). I had no 'slow' disk issues at all as MS updates seem to have rectified the situation in the Spring of 2018 for us. However,...
  10. 100% Disk Usage Slow Computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% Disk Usage Slow Computer: System Spec Computer type:Laptop System Manufacturer/Model Number:HP Envy Touchsmart 15 OS:Windows 10 CPU:Intel Core i7 4700mq Memory:16 GB Graphics Card(s):Nvidia Hey all, My computer has been running slow and this is the last try before I assume that the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk usage stuck at 50% for several minutes when switch on

2. c drive is 100% on performance tab