Windows 10: Slow pc and freezes

Discus and support Slow pc and freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So,my pc started to get constant freezes and lags recently and i tried fixing the problem by enabling high performance mode,still this does not seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AelDy, Apr 8, 2021.

1. AelDy Win User

Slow pc and freezes

So,my pc started to get constant freezes and lags recently and i tried fixing the problem by enabling high performance mode,still this does not seems to solve the problem.

Here's a detail lists of the problems:

1.Opening apps like atom editor,Hyper terminal takes 30 plus seconds to open plus lots of screen freezes and delayed text inputs.

2.Whenever i try Opening folders and My drives or MY PC ,it usually takes 5-20 seconds to o

3.Right clicking ,left clicking on any shortcut icons and for refreshing in the desktop directory also takes 10-30 seconds and sometimes i had to click it 2,3 times.

4.Apps not responding including windows explorer,terminal etc , mouse pointer keeps loading for a long time.

i am current on windows 10 intel i5 and 8gb RAM HDD 1TB.

:)

AelDy, Apr 8, 2021

2. System freeze and slowness on Windows 10.

My PC is very slow even after installing 2 programs suggested and the tactil section freeze. I just don't know what to do more.

Original title:Windows

GiseleLachance31, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Slow operation, crashes and freezing since windows 10

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What does it freezing? Is Internet Explorer freezing or computer is freezing?

• As you said that slow operation, what is running slow? Are you not able to open any files/applications?

• Does your PC hangs?
    I suggest you to check the issue in Safe Mode and see if it’s working slowly.

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + restart before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode or
      Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).
    Once you do get into safe mode, be sure to check all of your drivers for issues. To do that, press
    Windows Key + X and click Device Manager, and from that menu, get Windows to check all of your devices for updates. If driver updates are available, install them.

If the issue still persists, I suggest to restore the power plans to default.

To do so:

• Open Power options
      and go to advanced power settings.

• Select
      restore power plans defaults
      and then restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 8, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

Slow pc and freezes

PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Slow pc and freezes

1. Slow pc and freezes - Similar Threads - Slow freezes

2. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...
  3. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...
  4. Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance: Good day,This issue that I have been experiencing could be quite broad in terms of troubleshooting. Long story short, we have been experiencing slow performance, freezing and lagging on our laptops using Windows 11.We took the issue up with Dell as we found the same issue on...
  5. Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance

Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance: Good day,This issue that I have been experiencing could be quite broad in terms of troubleshooting. Long story short, we have been experiencing slow performance, freezing and lagging on our laptops using Windows 11.We took the issue up with Dell as we found the same issue on...
  6. PC randomly slowing down, freezing then giving me the BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly slowing down, freezing then giving me the BSOD.: Hello, my PC has gotten the BSOD a lot recently when I was doing simple tasks. I tried looking at my Event Viewer but I have zero idea how to use it. Someone please help me in anyway you can. I need this PC to work because I do School and my everyday tasks on it. Someone...
  7. PC randomly slowing down, freezing then giving me the BSOD.

PC randomly slowing down, freezing then giving me the BSOD.: Hello, my PC has gotten the BSOD a lot recently when I was doing simple tasks. I tried looking at my Event Viewer but I have zero idea how to use it. Someone please help me in anyway you can. I need this PC to work because I do School and my everyday tasks on it. Someone...
  8. Computer running slow/freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer running slow/freezing: HelloI checked everything task manager, AMD Softwarehardware stats and i dont have anything open and hardware stats are on low% so everything fine cpu not overheating or anything. i have 10gb free on C-Drive idk if thats enough.Now the problem: My computer was running...
  9. Computer running slow/freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer running slow/freezing: HelloI checked everything task manager, AMD Softwarehardware stats and i dont have anything open and hardware stats are on low% so everything fine cpu not overheating or anything. i have 10gb free on C-Drive idk if thats enough.Now the problem: My computer was running...
  10. Computer running slow/freezing