Windows 10: Slow performance after Windows 10 1903 update

Discus and support Slow performance after Windows 10 1903 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed update 1903 and now my PC is not only running slower but on startup it takes forever getting the wait circle. In addition to that I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RusselGall, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Slow performance after Windows 10 1903 update

I installed update 1903 and now my PC is not only running slower but on startup it takes forever getting the wait circle. In addition to that I am missing the ability of using screen saver pointing to my picture folder. I get an error saying photo gallery has to be set up. I start photo gallery and it says that it is missing the sql express server 2005. I tried downloading this and receive two errors saying the install was bad.

I then looked at restoring the PC back to the update prior to 1903 and I get a message that says I may have to re-install some apps.

I have worked in software for over 40 years and whenever an update went out it worked, or we got fixes out within a day, which was very seldom because of what we called QA.

As big as Microsoft is I would think they would do Q/A on your systems before releasing them to the public, especially since the updates are basically forced upon us!

***Original Title: windows 10 update 1903 problem***

:)

RusselGall, Jun 17, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 17, 2019
  3. greenfid Win User
    Slow Shutdown after Upgrade to Windows 10 1903

Thanks Stephen, tried your suggestions but the Shutdown remains slow.

greenfid, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Slow performance after Windows 10 1903 update

WINDOWS 10 slow performance after upgrade

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• After upgrading to windows 10 did you try update drivers?
    Issue: Slow performance

Method: 1

Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method: 2

Perform Clean Boot

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a “clean boot” in Windows

Refer to Windows 8.1 steps, as they are applicable to Windows 10.

Note: Refer
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Issue:
    VIDEO FREEZES

Update drivers

I would like you to update the drivers of the computer.

Follow the steps below to update the graphics card drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard
    • Go to device manager
    • Right-click your display/graphic/video and audio/sound/realtek
      drivers.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Please reply us with the above information & status to help you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

Slow performance after Windows 10 1903 update

1. Slow performance after Windows 10 1903 update - Similar Threads - Slow performance 1903

2. Windows 10 slow performance after installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow performance after installation.: Hi there, so today I've installed a fresh copy of windows 10 21h1 on my laptop, installation was fine but once the setup finished I noticed that launching things like edge or settings was painfully slow to launch or to do anything within them, when I took a look in task...
  3. Windows 10 Slow Network Performance After Updating

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Slow Network Performance After Updating: My download performance has gone to **** with the latest updates for Windows 10, and I only have one computer on my network that I keep 100% updated. The rest I only update infrequently since I'm the only user. That one machine that's always up to date is stuck downloading at...
  4. After windows 10 update system performance very slow

After windows 10 update system performance very slow: Hi, After the latest update i have installed, my system is taking long time to start, post which it is taking 5-10min just to reflect my icons and when i click on my computer it takes like 2min to open. Which was not the in earlier cases. Please assist and resolve the...
  5. Slow System performance after windows 10 1909 update!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow System performance after windows 10 1909 update!!!: I had recently upgraded to windows 10 before upgrading i was using windows 7 ultimate and was fine with it . After windows 7 ending support i finally decided to switch to Windows 10 . I wanted to see whether it was stable so i borrowed an old installation disk from one of my...
  6. Slow Operation after updating to 1903 version Windows 10

Slow Operation after updating to 1903 version Windows 10: Hello there, after updating to 1903 windows 10, which actually took awfully long time to do so, my laptop HP laptop-15bw0x starts running slower than before, so i am scared to update to the 1909 version....
  7. HP4730s slow boot and slow performance after windows 10 update

HP4730s slow boot and slow performance after windows 10 update: My computer has performed happily on windows 10 until the latest update this week, it is now almost unusable. Anybody have an answer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp4730s-slow-boot-and-slow-performance-after/a51cb924-5bf0-4e33-834b-85fb2a90da6c
  8. slow boot after 1903 update

slow boot after 1903 update: Hello, I have a laptop with SSD and HDD. SSD is used as a system disk and HDD is for storage. Recently I updated my Windows 10 Home 1703 version directly to 1903 version and the update installed some files on my HDD instead of SSD. The problem that occurs now is a slow boot...
  9. Slow Internet after Windows 10 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow Internet after Windows 10 1903 Update: After updating Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 4 web pages on Edge are slow to load, or don't load at all. This is particularly obvious for parts inside a web page. This is Microsoft software running on a Microsoft operating system on Microsoft hardware. Why is it performing...
  10. Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.: I recently bought a new laptop, Acer E5-575G with good specs. It has an Intel i5 7200U, 4GB of RAM, 2GB Nvidia 940MX and 1TB hard drive. It came with DOS pre-installed so I had to install Windows 10 myself. All was fine until updating to the Fall Creators Update. Booting time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 slow after update

2. windows 10 1903 slow

3. win 10 1903 slow internet

4. 1903 slow performance,
  5. windows 1903 slows down computer,
  6. windows update 1903 slows computer,
  7. slow performance windows 10,
  8. slow pc performance windows 10,
  9. windows 10 is very slow after update,
  10. windows slow after update 1903,
  11. 1903 update very slow,