Windows 10: Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage

Discus and support Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I've just recently built a new computer and I'm now running into the problem that Windows is getting really slow like opening the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/exo_Hoschii, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage

Hello,

I've just recently built a new computer and I'm now running into the problem that Windows is getting really slow like opening the Windows Explorer takes forever while CPU/memory/disk usage is all below 10%.

My setup:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900x at 4.2GHz w/ a be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro (max temp while gaming at 70-75C, so it's probably not a throttling issue)

Crucial Ballistix RBG 32gb CL16 at 3600MHz

ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2060

Samsung Evo 970 Plus

I'm also running the ultimate performance power plan and in the performance options i turned off everything but 'smooth edges of fonts' and 'show thumbnails instead of icons'.

Anyone know how to fix this? I've tried googling but I found nothing that worked.

submitted by /u/exo_Hoschii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/exo_Hoschii, Feb 2, 2021

2. Memory Usage

I specifically asked that you not rate my post until after I had the chance to help you, nor are there any results reported back from the many steps I gave you to try. Did you want my help?

What is the CPU usage at the same time the Memory usage is low?

Are you experiencing any performance problems, hanging or slowness? This is why I asked you to go over the Performance checklist which would find and fix any of these problems.

Good luck.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Feb 2, 2021
  3. hxshfx Win User
    Poor performance but very low hardware usage

I've been searching for speed step configuration in BIOS but I didn't find it. I'll send pictures for every CPU-related configuration since I'm a bit scared of touching that sensitive config for my own :S

- - - Updated - - -

Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage [​IMG]

hxshfx, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage

low memory prompting& slow performence

my pc is prompting low memory frequently & also very slow response in my pc every time

and also slow performance every day I am fed up with this performance can any one help me in solving this great threat to my pc ....

please.....please.....please.....please..... help me to do lots of work this is totally a bad part on the side of microsoft.....

as this is 7th time i am posting this question

Salman Basha N, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage

1. Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage - Similar Threads - Slow performance low

2. Slow laptop with BSODs and low CPU + GPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow laptop with BSODs and low CPU + GPU usage: SPECSASUS TUF gaming a15AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon GraphicsNvidia RTX 2060 + 16GB RAMWindows 10 Version 22H2 - OS build 19045.4046Got laptop from ebay a week ago and had constant issues BSODs or desktop crashes with certain games and 2 times when I had to reset PC. But...
  3. Slow laptop with BSODs and low CPU + GPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow laptop with BSODs and low CPU + GPU usage: SPECSASUS TUF gaming a15AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon GraphicsNvidia RTX 2060 + 16GB RAMWindows 10 Version 22H2 - OS build 19045.4046Got laptop from ebay a week ago and had constant issues BSODs or desktop crashes with certain games and 2 times when I had to reset PC. But...
  4. Slow laptop with BSODs and low CPU + GPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CPU usage Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage Low: My laptop suddenly so laggy, when I check out the task manager I realized the CPU usage is so low, what should I do? I already tried to edit in power plan but it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-low/04f852c0-a5b4-46e8-8a72-d49b37b8a220
  6. CPU usage Low

CPU usage Low: My laptop suddenly so laggy, when I check out the task manager I realized the CPU usage is so low, what should I do? I already tried to edit in power plan but it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-low/04f852c0-a5b4-46e8-8a72-d49b37b8a220
  7. Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage: The recent patch fixed the low GPU usage issue in games, however, CPU usage is still low. below 6%. So Microsoft still needs to fix that. because when I rolled back the update, the usage is fine. even when i run a single core benchmark in cinebench the CPU usage is still...
  8. Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage

Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage: The recent patch fixed the low GPU usage issue in games, however, CPU usage is still low. below 6%. So Microsoft still needs to fix that. because when I rolled back the update, the usage is fine. even when i run a single core benchmark in cinebench the CPU usage is still...
  9. CPU and Memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU and Memory usage: Hello. I've been using Windows 10 for quite some while and it was fanrtastic, but my PC started to get slower and slower every day. I decided to check Task Manager and I saw that the CPU usage was at 100% and the Memory usage was at 80%. I did a quick clean to my components...
  10. Slow performance with low battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow performance with low battery: Hi I'm just looking for some advice on an Asus UX305F laptop I bought last week. It's working fine apart from a couple of things: - When the battery is getting low, say from 10% and down, the performance drops dramatically and everything, particularly the internet,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. low performance with low cpu usage