Windows 10: Slow potentially malfunctioning software

Discus and support Slow potentially malfunctioning software in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, As of today I have been having problems with my desktop computer, and my limited knowlege has only taken me so far. I’ll get straight into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TedLiphardt, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Slow potentially malfunctioning software

Hello,

As of today I have been having problems with my desktop computer, and my limited knowlege has only taken me so far. I’ll get straight into the issue.
    I started my conputer today PC Tower 3.07 GHz, 12gb ram and it took a while to start, which was the first red flag. Then I started up chrome, and it was running super slow. Like 5 minutes to load a new tab slow. When trying to troubleshoot, I noticed everything was slow, no matter what I did, it ran like it had a potato for a CPU. What really made the problem worse is that not only did every application take minutes to load, things that took seconds before, but apps like settings wouldn’t even open! I really need help fixing this, I have work to do, and video games to play over thanksgiving break.

Thank you for any advice you can provide.

:)

TedLiphardt, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 25, 2020
  3. tnhotmail Win User
    windows defender keeps saying it finds "potentially harmful software" but nothing listed.

I did these steps and the same problem is still happening. It reports (and notifies) "potentially harmful software" but nothing is listed in the "all items ..." list (or the other two lists). After restart, same problem still - notifications but nothing
    is listed.

I have disabled real time protection (temporarily) but this doesn't help either. Is it possible to completely disable or uninstall windows defender?

thanks

tnhotmail, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Slow potentially malfunctioning software

Only windows processes/software/applications are slow

Hi,

As per the above info, I suggest that you Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running
    at the same time.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Slow potentially malfunctioning software

1. Slow potentially malfunctioning software - Similar Threads - Slow potentially malfunctioning

2. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus or Potentially unwanted software: I don't know what happened all the apps that i download on PC is not working, when I click on them they show up this message "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" so how can I get my apps back...
  3. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus or Potentially unwanted software: I don't know what happened all the apps that i download on PC is not working, when I click on them they show up this message "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" so how can I get my apps back...
  4. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Pc slow down after Unwanted potential app installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc slow down after Unwanted potential app installation: Yesterday i just installed "utorrent web" on my Pc but windows security popup 'Unwanted app found your device may perform poorly ' immediately i just uninstalled since then my pc my got extremely slow and start lagging even i cannot open my settings...
  6. malfunction

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    malfunction: why does my pc shutdown at 40% and wont come on anymore till it plugged to electricity ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malfunction/4cda66cb-072f-42cf-89d3-7870410617ef
  7. windows security flagging CCleaner as Potentially Unwanted Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security flagging CCleaner as Potentially Unwanted Software: Just started today. Surely MS doesn't mean to flag the CCleaner folks. From Windows Security > Virus & threat protection Detection: PUA:Win32/CCleaner Date: 7/27/2020 7:23 AM Details: This program has potentially unwanted behavior. Severity: Low Insider build: 20H2, OS...
  8. Potentially Dangerous Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potentially Dangerous Software: Earlier today I downloaded a program which several people a this site ranging from banned members to VIP members have said that they use. While I was installing it, ESET NOD32 Antivirus blocked two website accesses, and when scanning the computer afterward, Malwarebytes...
  9. Dell M3800 - potential screen issue or software artefacts? Pictures a

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell M3800 - potential screen issue or software artefacts? Pictures a: Hi all, over the last few days I've seen a bit of flickering on my laptop screen. I have a 24" external screen attached via HDMI also but it is not exhibiting issues. I had my screen replaced last month due to a few too many dead pixels, so just trying to highlight if this is...
  10. Computer slow and potentially has viruses.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer slow and potentially has viruses.: So this computer is very slow and It probably has viruses. Windows starts up and cmd.exe starts up. This computer should be running faster than it is right now. I have a 32bit computer windows 7 and it runs faster than this. Someone help. 31870