Windows 10: Slow Printing Issue with Windows 10

Discus and support Slow Printing Issue with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We have a small family owned business. We have two computer work stations that we use in our office were we deal with our customers. These computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Benner'sCamping and, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Slow Printing Issue with Windows 10

We have a small family owned business. We have two computer work stations that we use in our office were we deal with our customers. These computers are connected on the network to a HP P1606dn laserjet printer.

We just replaced one of the computers with a Windows 10 computer. Now, when we print from a program that we extensively use this printer takes two minutes to print an invoice. I have worked with support from the vendor where we purchased. They remoted in to our computer and worked on it for over an hour. When we try to print these invoices the program sends two 1.24KB files that show "N/A" for the number of pages to the printer queue, and each one takes a minute to clear the queue before the actual invoices prints. Support from the vendor, after working on it for an hour, said that most printers ignore these files, and he did not have any way to resolve this.

The other Windows 7 box, which we are planning on replacing soon, prints the invoices immediately from this program, therefore I figure that this is some issue with the way this driver interacts with Windows 10.

I have tried uninstalling reloading the drivers from Windows 10, and uninstalling and loading downloaded drivers from HP. I have also contacted HP support and manually setting up the ports and configuration of the printer. I have not yet found a solution for this problem, so now I am here trying to see if anyone here may know a solution. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

:)

Benner'sCamping and, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Slow Printing Issues

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have done so far. Since you're having issues with slow printing, you can also try running the printing troubleshooter. If that does not resolve your concern, you can try to clear and reset the Print
    Spooler as well. The steps can be found on this
    link

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Slow Printing Issue with Windows 10

Printing issues

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to print?

• Have you tried printing from a different application and checked?
    I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also, I suggest you to install the latest chipset and printer drivers from manufacturer website and check if it fixes the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Slow Printing Issue with Windows 10

1. Slow Printing Issue with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Slow Printing Issue

2. slow printing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow printing issue: Prints are getting delayed by 5 mins https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-printing-issue/d3736a49-c275-4285-8633-e2a33810a572
  3. slow printing issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow printing issue: Prints are getting delayed by 5 mins https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-printing-issue/d3736a49-c275-4285-8633-e2a33810a572
  4. slow printing issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows 10 very slow printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 very slow printing: I installed a new Epson WF-3720 printer. It printed very slowly from my ASUS windows 10 laptop. A new HP 8025e also printed very slowly from the laptop. Both printers and an older HP 6970 printed normally from my Dell windows 10 desktop. Printing speed seems dependent on...
  6. Slow printing

Slow printing: Since I installed Windows 10, sending to the Canon MF8580Cdw printer, via wireless, is very slow. Any known reason or help? Documents sit in the queue for a long time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-printing/44090c3f-7821-4526-80bf-d4fb67329c39
  7. slow to print

slow to print: My Canon printer takes a long time to respond to a "Print" command. Used to be a lot faster. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-to-print/fe682451-4a27-4745-9547-73051a98d11a
  8. Windows 10 slow printing, spoller issue, not problem with Windows 7

Windows 10 slow printing, spoller issue, not problem with Windows 7: As stated in the title. I've just bougth a Brother L8690CDW color laser printer, installed latest driver available, upgraded the printer to latest firmware. The printer can print up to 31 ppm both in bw and color. Printing is done in color 600 ppi, not 2400 ppi....
  9. slow Print windows 10

slow Print windows 10: Switched from Win 7 enterprise to Win 10 enterprise and printing has ground to an almost stop. the only changes made were to the OS and in Win 7 documents would print in 5 seconds. With win 10 it takes 2-2 1/2 minutes to print the same documents. Tried all the suggested...
  10. Slow Print Spooler in Windows 10

Slow Print Spooler in Windows 10: Each week I print reports from a pdf file using Adobe reader. Sometimes I use a Windows 10 laptop - Lenovo Thinkpad 530, core I 5 3320, 16gb, 250G ssd, or a Dell tablet with a core I M 4gb, 128G ssd , sometimes my Early 2008 MacBook Pro- Core2Duo 2.6, 4gb, 256G ssd. The...