Windows 10: Slow RDP connection to host machine after updates

Discus and support Slow RDP connection to host machine after updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I run multiple Hyper-V VMs from a single host. I updated all computers over the past few months with the September/October Windows 10 update and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottVranes, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Slow RDP connection to host machine after updates

I run multiple Hyper-V VMs from a single host. I updated all computers over the past few months with the September/October Windows 10 update and the various subsequent fixes.

The RDP connections with the various VMs are fine and unaffected. However, the connection to the host machine has degraded significantly. RDP will connect, but the delay is incredibly slow and, when there is a connection, it is sporadic at best. This was not the case prior to the updates.

I tried adjusting the autotuning, but that did not help.

I have also looked at the various forums, but I can't seem to locate any solution that worked.

Is there a way to uninstall and then reinstall a "role" for RDP?

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can provide.

***Original title: RDP slow - seems to be after one of the Windows 10 updates***

:)

ScottVranes, Dec 29, 2018
  2. HP2294 Win User

Hyper-V host cannot RDP into local clients running in an internal network

I have installed Hyper-V on my Windows 10 machine and are running a few different test machines on it. My test machines have two Nics -- One is disabled and primarily used when I need them to connect with the internet for various downloads etc. The other
    Nic is connected to an internal switch on the host with hardcoded IP's allowing the VMs to always communicate with each other.

My problem is when I attempt to RDP into the VMs from the host machine I am not able to reach them. IF I log into the machines first through the Hyper-V console and toggle a Nic (i.e. disable/enable one of the nics) I am able to RDP into the VM until it
    is rebooted again (My host is a laptop so they are being shutdown nightly).

I did mess around with the network settings on a previous setup and had it working -- but I am unable to reproduce the same settings. Currently the host is all "auto" setup by the system with three switches:

• External linked to my Wireless Nic
    • External Linked to my Physical Nic
    • Internal switch used for the VM's communicate amongst each other
    Any ideas on what network settings I am missing that will allow me to connect to the VM's instantly through an RDP connection? (I can console connect but prefer using RDCMan).

Thanks,

HP

HP2294, Dec 29, 2018
  3. RDP not working on MAC

In order to keep things simple I suggest you start by using a Windows PC to connect to your RDP host.

Remember also that the RDP host must run Windows Professional.

Frederik Long, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Slow RDP connection to host machine after updates

Remote Desktop Connection to Windows 7 machines suddenly stopped working

You need to do some testing, e.g. like so, assuming that the NetBIOS name of the RDP host is "Host":

• Run this command on Host:

telnet Host 3389
    • Run the same command on a different machine that is connected to your internal network.
    • Run this command on an external machine:

telnet aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd 3389

(where aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is your external IP address)
    The results should give you a few clues about the source of your problem.

Frederik Long, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Slow RDP connection to host machine after updates

1. Slow RDP connection to host machine after updates - Similar Threads - Slow RDP connection

2. Can We connect the USB to the RDP session remote desktop connection machine?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can We connect the USB to the RDP session remote desktop connection machine?: PC1 is connected with a USB biometric device. I will need to take RDPusing the remote desktop connection windows application to PC2. I will launch an application on the pc2, which need biometric to login which is on PC1. Can we send the biometric signature or get the...
  3. RDP not connecting from my machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP not connecting from my machine: Hi Guys,I can connect via RDP from different machines but can't from my machine. I've disabled Firewall and removed my antivirus and still the same, what could be the problem?my machine is running Windows 11, might be the reason but not sure what it is Thanks...
  4. RDP not connecting from my machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP not connecting from my machine: Hi Guys,I can connect via RDP from different machines but can't from my machine. I've disabled Firewall and removed my antivirus and still the same, what could be the problem?my machine is running Windows 11, might be the reason but not sure what it is Thanks...
  5. RDP not connecting from my machine

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. RDP connection has boxes after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RDP connection has boxes after Windows Update: When I make a remote desktop connection to another Windows 10 PC, it puts coloured boxes on the background of any programmes, including Windows settings.This is an issue with the client PC in that it shows on multiple remote PCs through the same client and does not appear if...
  7. host machine name

in Windows 10 Support
    host machine name: I am using Win10 64bit. I need to make some configuration, and I read in the documentation: HTML Code: <KLocation>http://host_machine:15654</KLocation> - Where the port must be the same as the one specified in the previously created launch file and the "host_machine" is the...
  8. RDP slow - seems to be after one of the Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP slow - seems to be after one of the Windows 10 updates: I run multiple Hyper-V VMs from a single host. I updated all computers over the past few months with the September/October Windows 10 update and the various subsequent fixes. The RDP connections with the various VMs are fine and unaffected. However, the connection to the...
  9. RDP connections very slow after Windows 10 upgrade

RDP connections very slow after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi, After upgrading my Surface Pro 3 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my RDP connections became very slow. Everything else is perfect (surfing the web, downloading etc.). Only the RDP connections have lots of delay (almost a second when typing). I've checked the...
  10. Slow RDP (Prior to Connection) and Task Manager

Slow RDP (Prior to Connection) and Task Manager: Hi There, I've burnt a hole in google's bottom line search for answers for this, but I have come up negative on all counts. Hence I have to change from been a lurker to a poster. Machine: 4 year old, Intel 2 core hardware (3GHz ish), 8G RAM, - All running off 250GB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp 1809 slow