Windows 10: Slow reaction switching from keyboard to touchpad

Discus and support Slow reaction switching from keyboard to touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 there is an annoying delay between switching from keyboard to touchpad and vice versa (a delay of about 3-4 seconds). It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mike07, Nov 29, 2015.

1. mike07 Win User

Slow reaction switching from keyboard to touchpad

Since upgrading to Windows 10 there is an annoying delay between switching from keyboard to touchpad and vice versa (a delay of about 3-4 seconds). It only happened after installing the windows 10 upgrade.

:)

mike07, Nov 29, 2015
  2. dcardillo Win User

I have a Dell laptop Inspiron M731R. Since upgrading to Windows 10 I find that I am unable to disable the touchpad.

I have a Dell laptop Inspiron M731R. Since upgrading to Windows 10 I find that I am unable to disable the touchpad. The button to disable the touchpad is no longer available since upgrading to Windows 10. I followed the above directions. By going under
    settings the only option available is to change the settings on the touchpad to delay or slow the reaction to the touchpad but to disable the touchpad is no longer available there either.

Please advise how I can disable the touchpad completely. Thank you.

dcardillo, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Disable Keyboard and Trackpad in Tablet Mode

Yes, the same problem on Acer Spin 7 was solved by updating the Synaptics TouchPad driver from Acer support. Then the keyboard and touchpad automatically switch off when you fold back the keyboard.

DougVining, Nov 29, 2015
Thema:

Slow reaction switching from keyboard to touchpad

1. Slow reaction switching from keyboard to touchpad - Similar Threads - Slow reaction switching

2. Keyboard and touchpad slow on second user account, but not on the Admin account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and touchpad slow on second user account, but not on the Admin account?: Since the latest Windows updates just over a week ago I have an odd problem on my 10 month old HP i7 gaming laptop.My Admin account works just fine- but the second, normal user account suffers from very slow response on the laptop keyboard, touchpad and on the wireless mouse....
  3. Reaction to comments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reaction to comments: I have noticed the option to "like" "love" "thinking" "angry" "sad" has gone and and you just now get the "like of unlike" It has happened various times, i haven't changed my settings and it just randomly comes back, But it is now becoming an annoyance more that anything...
  4. Reaction to comments

Reaction to comments: I have noticed the option to "like" "love" "thinking" "angry" "sad" has gone and and you just now get the "like of unlike" It has happened various times, i haven't changed my settings and it just randomly comes back, But it is now becoming an annoyance more that anything...
  5. Touchpad slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad slow: Hi i have acer aspire ES 15 and the cursor is slow even if i increase the cursor it still jumps from one side to another i tried to run troubleshoot but it’s still slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-slow/5235a070-012e-4692-8f57-fa0dce8e0256
  6. Touchpad slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad slow: Hi i have acer aspire ES 15 and the cursor is slow even if i increase the cursor it still jumps from one side to another i tried to run troubleshoot but it’s still slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-slow/5235a070-012e-4692-8f57-fa0dce8e0256
  7. Touchpad slow

8. Touchpad and Keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad and Keyboard: I have a Dell Latitude E7240 laptop, and have had it for about a year now. Somewhat recently, both the keyboard and touchpad on the laptop stopped working, so I am using a USB plug-in keyboard and mouse at the moment. I was wondering if there was anyway I could restore my...
  9. Touchpad on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad on the keyboard: I have a new HP laptop computer. On my old one, I could disable the touchpad mouse when an external mouse was connected to a USB device. I think it was one of the F keys but I can't remember now. I accidentally hit the touchpad occasionally and end up typing somewhere I...
  10. touchpad and keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    touchpad and keyboard: how do I use the touchpad and keyboard at the same time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-and-keyboard/d24558e7-e41b-4f94-a0bb-3b4654513fdb