Windows 10: Slow read and write speed on Windows 10 RAID configured PC

Discus and support Slow read and write speed on Windows 10 RAID configured PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since I installed windows 10, this has been an issue, I am running on a RAID array, running a raid 6 over 15 disks approx (using 3 sets)... Which none... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by trinitytek, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Slow read and write speed on Windows 10 RAID configured PC

Since I installed windows 10, this has been an issue, I am running on a RAID array, running a raid 6 over 15 disks approx (using 3 sets)... Which none of that matters, this problem happens on any configuration I have tried.

My OS drive maxes out at 100% usage even when it only shows a few hundred kbps in use, but I am only able to achieve about 20mb read and 10mb write when transferring files. My other two arrays transfer between each other at about 600mbps, so I moved the OS to another drive and tested this one, and when the OS is not installed on the drive, it achieves the same 600mbps (give or take).

Why when it is assigned as the OS drive does it perform so horribly, is it some sort of OS specific thing? These are all enterprise 6TB drives 7200rpm, no bad sectors and perform great when not operating as the OS drive.

I have tried practically all the other tips in the other forums, disabling search, sysmain (previously superfetch), disabled page files on all drives, updated my OS to the latest (1809 build 17763.316). I cannot find any other drivers for mine since I am using a raid card, but others are using the same one and doing fine... and in fact, it was working good when I had windows 7, it has only been since I have been on windows 10 that this has been an issue.

There was also mention of a registry fix to set MSISupported to "0", but mine didn't have that key... but there was an article showing this needed to be added, I went ahead and added the proper key for the controller path and rebooted, this had zero affect.

Raid Controller: RocketRAID 2760
    Hard Drives: HGST HUH728060ALE600 6TB
    RocketRAID Drivers: v1.2.13.0 (rr276x.sys)

IDE ATA Drivers: Microsoft 10.0.17763.168 (atapi.sys, ataport.sys, pciide.sys, pciidex.sys)

***Original title: Windows 10 Poor Hard Drive Performance***

:)

trinitytek, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Slow HDD read and write speeds

Has MS solved the slow HDD read and write problems on Win 10? Is there an official fix for this?

Kristian Lyngshede Lund, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Slow read and write speed on Windows 10 RAID configured PC

Low Read and Write disk speeds (Windows 10)

the boot speed is fine, used to be slow but i fixed that. The main issue is the disk speeds. because i notice on start up after boot the disk is 100% with very poor write and read speeds. Focus on the Hard disk please. "There
    is a lot of system HD writing." is this fixable?

Joe Boughton, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Slow read and write speed on Windows 10 RAID configured PC

1. Slow read and write speed on Windows 10 RAID configured PC - Similar Threads - Slow read write

2. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: Hello to everyone Let me explain the problem as follows: The hdd read and write speeds I plugged into the cnddy slot are very bad, there was no such problem before, then there was such a problem, how can I solve it 178342
  3. Raid 5 - Slow Write Speeds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Raid 5 - Slow Write Speeds: I am trying to setup a raid 5 using 3 4tb HDD. Once I create the array I am only getting about 60MBps writes, while each drive is capable of about 200MBps. I have enabled write cache on all drives. Any ideas? submitted by /u/samuelkleemeyer [link] [comments]...
  4. Slow SSD Write Speed

Slow SSD Write Speed: Slow SSD Write Speed Windows 10 build 1909 Recently I have installed 480 GB AS340 PANTHER SATA III SSD. I was getting good Read and write speed well above 500 MB/s Read, and 300 MB/s write. But it's been one week now I am getting my writing speed throttled in a midway. From...
  5. Slow write speed of transfer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow write speed of transfer: My dell 7577 core I7 1050ti model has a slow transfer speed. I transferred a 5 gigabyte file to an external USB 3.1 Kingston DT50 and I got write speed of 8 MB/s. and the read speed was capped at 21 MB/s although I used to get at least 80 MB/s read speed. Please help!...
  6. Read and write speed

Read and write speed: Hello and my name is Lorenzo. I have an HDD that has a sequential read of 200mbs and a write of 187. I am getting 2mbs when downloading from steam. My hard drive in the device manager says ST2000dm006-2dm164. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Slow write speed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow write speed: Hi, best wishes for 2019! I've noticed lately that my writing speed is quite low. I mean when I copy/paste a large file from one disk to another, or from one disk to an USB external HDD. Things I tried already: - Disk Cleanup - Ccleaner - DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  8. Slow HDD read and write speeds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow HDD read and write speeds: Has MS solved the slow HDD read and write problems on Win 10? Is there an official fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-hdd-read-and-write-speeds/ef724e8b-5a8d-46f7-9e41-8073d3692146
  9. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: I have a TOSHIBA 1TB HDD which is inside a caddy. When I copy a file from the HDD, the copying starts from 20mb/s to 0KB to Calculating and eventually, the explorer crashes. I open Task Manager and the Disk shows at 100%. But when I plug in another 320GB HITACHI drive, the...
  10. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

in Windows 10 Support
    HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: I have a TOSHIBA 1TB HDD which is inside a caddy. When I copy a file from the HDD, the copying starts from 20mb/s to 0KB to Calculating and eventually, the explorer crashes. I open Task Manager and the Disk shows at 100%. But when I plug in another 320GB HITACHI drive, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check disk speed windows 10

2. slow write speed to raid

3. disk read write speed test windows 10

4. windows 10 software raid slow,
  5. copy to hardware raid is extremely slow in windows 10,
  6. slow read and white for raid,
  7. slow read speed win 10 x540t1,
  8. read and write speeds raid 10\,
  9. windows 10 raid slow,
  10. speed write on raid 10 on hdd,
  11. slow read write speed on win 10,