Windows 10: Slow recovery from Standby

Discus and support Slow recovery from Standby in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a reasonable spec PC i5-9600K, 8GB, SSD boot drive It takes as long to boot from standby mode as it does from cold if not longer. It is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HairyFool, Apr 16, 2020.

1. HairyFool Win User

Slow recovery from Standby

I have a reasonable spec PC i5-9600K, 8GB, SSD boot drive

It takes as long to boot from standby mode as it does from cold if not longer.

It is not noticeably slower once it has completed boot

Fastboot is off but that should only affect cold starts

:)

HairyFool, Apr 16, 2020
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Apr 16, 2020
  3. android recovery and kernel.img

For thouse who CAN help...:I can't enter adb (device not recognized), can't flash using stock recovery (don't really know the steps and stuck at triage and dead android when in recovery),

ELiTRiGG3R, Apr 16, 2020
  4. EdKiefer Win User

Releasing Standby memory

This is the first I have heard of any issues with Standby list memory causing issues outside of games.
    I know there were a lot of reports around 1809 of games having issues where the standby list didn't release memory and games would stutter. There are a few programs that can clear up this issue. I have used both and they do work but I only used it for games, never noticed any issues in windows applications.
    ISLC (Intelligent standby list cleaner) by Wagnarsoft and Processlasso by Bitsum can clear the standby list automatically.

EdKiefer, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Slow recovery from Standby - Similar Threads - Slow recovery Standby

2. Standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standby: So I left my laptop on standby for a couple of hours while charging, came back and the screen was black, keyboard still lit up, pressed a key and it was unresponsive, pressed the power button and also did nothing. What do I do?...
  3. Standby

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standby: So I left my laptop on standby for a couple of hours while charging, came back and the screen was black, keyboard still lit up, pressed a key and it was unresponsive, pressed the power button and also did nothing. What do I do?...
  4. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  5. Stop Modern Standby from activating on SP4

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop Modern Standby from activating on SP4: I have repurposed a MS Surface Pro 4 that has a cracked display into a file server to replace a very old HP laptop that was serving in that role. The SP4 has no keyboard, has several USB drives, a USB Ethernet connection, and is connected to AC power. The drives are shared on...
  6. .exe standby

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .exe standby: Hi guyz. in my company we have a littel problem with .exe and .msi file. When we try to start one of this the page or the browser where they are and started it blocks. All pc are under domain. Thx for help submitted by /u/Mr_Pyro00 [link] [comments]...
  7. BSOD after Wakeup from Standby (DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Wakeup from Standby (DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE): Hello all, I have a Problem regarding my Lenovo T540p. If i put in on Standby and Wake it up , i get a Bluescreen immediately. The Error Code is DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE. Bluescreenviewer tells me, that the Graphics Drivers are causing the Crash. (nvlddmkm.sys and...
  8. Modern Standby - slow wifi after wake

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Modern Standby - slow wifi after wake: I have fast internet speeds over wifi when I connect to the network (approx. 600Mbps). If my machine goes to sleep (modern standby enabled) and I wake it up after a while, speed drops from the original speed to a pretty constant 20Mbps. If I disconnect from wifi and...
  9. Returning from standby problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Returning from standby problem: Other than M/S updates I have made no changes to my Desktop W10 PC - software or hardware. For approx 1 week, I have had the problem that if left for say an hour - the machine stays in standby. Previously a wiggle of the mouse or a dab on the spacebar brought it back to life....
  10. Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby): So, I've spent the last week scouring the web for this and failed! I am trying to wake a Dell XPS laptop overnight to run maintenance tasks, including backup to local network server, and so far it has proven impossible. While in the "Resiliency Phase"...