Windows 10: slow response and extensive disk work

Discus and support slow response and extensive disk work in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Greetings Maybe it's not the right forum or right category but I don't know what to do and where to get help from. On July 27 I upgraded from windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by zivshosh, Oct 17, 2016.

1. zivshosh Win User

slow response and extensive disk work

Greetings
    Maybe it's not the right forum or right category but I don't know what to do and where to get help from.
    On July 27 I upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro.
    Everything went smoothly for a month or so and than the pc became slow with non-stop hard disk work.

info
    board: Gigabyte z-87
    cpu: i7
    ram: 8GB
    system disk: 120GB ssd (Kingston)
    programs disk: 3TB Seagate barracuda
    pc age: 3 years

I went back with true image to August 1, cleaned with ccleaner and internal win10 cleaner, removed unnecessary services with msconfig (still working in win10), uninstalled unnecessary programs
    Things got better but I have doubts on win10 ability to upgrade from win7.
    I have a laptop with win 8.1 which I upgraded to windows 10 and it works fine.

I repartitioned and formatted the programs disk but copying from one partition to another takes a lot of time.
    Questions:
    1) should I replace the programs disk
    2) should I replace the ssd (would my activated windows 10 will still be legitimate)
    3) should I reinstall windows 10 pro (where can I get it? in microsoft site I can only buy it regardless of the fact that I upgraded while it was free)
    many thanks
    Ziv

:)

zivshosh, Oct 17, 2016

2. Extremely slow browsing

There's only four extensions in Chrome, all which I use. I deleted two disabled spamware extensions like ask.com, but browsing is still very slow.

I never use Explorer. It has no extensions. Browsing is still very slow.

Mike Row Soft, Oct 17, 2016
  3. Slow responses

Hi Andrew,

It is essential that you have an outstanding PC performance. Every day use of your computer creates unnecessary files to your hard drive. Please check this

link
    to help you troubleshoot the issue.

If you have other concerns, feel free to ask.

Robert Caw, Oct 17, 2016
  4. zivshosh Win User

changing the programs hard disk solved the problem

zivshosh, Oct 20, 2016
Thema:

1. slow response and extensive disk work - Similar Threads - slow response extensive

2. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  3. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  4. Slow PC response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow PC response: Lately Microsoft Edge, Windows Explorer, and Outlook turn on very slowly when I click on them. Edge and Explorer take 2 minutes to turn on, and Outlook 1 minute to turn on. Why? Never had this issue before....
  5. slow opening response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow opening response: Iv downloaded MS flight sim 2020 and upon opening it when I get to the "checking for updates" the program lags then stops. I did a speed test on my wi fi set up and the results are as follows Ping 1Ms Download 33.26 Mps upload is 7.83 Mps could anyone help me with this...
  6. Slow response

Slow response: My keyboard giving me a very slow response on typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response/1a3f12a0-1adb-4de8-884d-0e0476213f70
  7. SLOW RESPONSE

in Windows 10 Customization
    SLOW RESPONSE: My PC has been slowing down for a while now, I can open a browser and wait for minutes for it to load the same applies to other applications AND I HAVE THE UPDATED WINDOWS 10. I have done disk cleanups, changed advanced settings but still nothing can I be helped?...
  8. Camera work but not properly i.e. slow response

Camera work but not properly i.e. slow response: Hello, I want to ask regarding how to tackle my laptop camera that work but not in their optimum capability. I'm experiencing the camera is on good picture, green light indicator on but lag overtime. The camera/video capture me properly, but if i move a bit, so the camera...
  9. slow response to websites

slow response to websites: very slow response to click on websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response-to-websites/4616451f-328d-43ae-bb0f-878be17fda4e
  10. Slow Response Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Response Time: Entering into the game works prefect; however once selections are made and the game begins, response time is impossible. Clicking onto a number called, or the thermostat climbing and clicking onto it is the problem. Is there a solution to this issue?...