Windows 10: Slow response of windows explorer to keyboard inputs

Discus and support Slow response of windows explorer to keyboard inputs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder containing about 100 pdf files which i am reviewing. Before opening the file, to keep track of progress I am renaming the file. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul Young DCU, May 23, 2020.

1. Slow response of windows explorer to keyboard inputs

I have a folder containing about 100 pdf files which i am reviewing. Before opening the file, to keep track of progress I am renaming the file. In the first instance selection of the file and the second click to rename must be undertaken carefully as the selection and highlighting of the file is slow. When finished with the renaming inserting an 'x' at the start of the filename and pressing enter the update of the filename can take 10 seconds and and a second pressing of the enter key to open the file can take another several seconds before the circle to show that activity is taking place appears. This is not a difficult task for a computer. What is windows doing to slow all of this down?

:)

Paul Young DCU, May 23, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 23, 2020
  3. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, May 23, 2020
  4. Slow response of windows explorer to keyboard inputs

Keyboard input problem.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Type "language" in the search bar, choose Settings, and then tap or click
      Add a language.

• Choose the language that you want to add, click Options next to the language name, and then click
      Add an input method.

• Browse the input method list and look for the keyboard layout you want to use.

• double-click the keyboard layout, and click Save.
    For more information click on the link below and see if it helps. (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Slow response of windows explorer to keyboard inputs

1. Slow response of windows explorer to keyboard inputs - Similar Threads - Slow response explorer

2. Slow response of some keys on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow response of some keys on the keyboard: Hello. I ran into a problem with the keyboard, I have a laptop, the ESC and 2 keys have a long response, only when they are pressed more than 40+ they are written / pressed BUT when I hold down space + 2 or shift + @ then as you can see everything works. What could be the...
  3. Slow response of some keys on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow response of some keys on the keyboard: Hello. I ran into a problem with the keyboard, I have a laptop, the ESC and 2 keys have a long response, only when they are pressed more than 40+ they are written / pressed BUT when I hold down space + 2 or shift + @ then as you can see everything works. What could be the...
  4. Slow response of some keys on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. usb keyboards unresponsive or slow input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb keyboards unresponsive or slow input: I just recently built a new computer and purchased the Windows 10 home OS on usb from Amazon. After about a month of use, my usb keyboard all of sudden stopped responding. So i went and got my old Asus usb keyboard and plugged it in and was up and running again. A few days...
  6. Wireless keyboard: extemely slow response

Wireless keyboard: extemely slow response: For 2 years my wireless keyboards functioned perfectly; then some months ago they started malfunctioning. At first, the response became very, very slow; then they didn't seem to function at all anymore, but I recently discovered they can take up to 5 minutes to start doing...
  7. File Explorer Extremely Slow or Not Responsive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Extremely Slow or Not Responsive: I have windows 10 and these issues occur when using file explorer, moving or managing files. A. File explorer takes minutes to open or won't open when clicked on this includes using the windows search bar and any icons on the computer. B. File explorer crashes often or is...
  8. Slow response

Slow response: My keyboard giving me a very slow response on typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response/1a3f12a0-1adb-4de8-884d-0e0476213f70
  9. SLOW RESPONSE

in Windows 10 Customization
    SLOW RESPONSE: My PC has been slowing down for a while now, I can open a browser and wait for minutes for it to load the same applies to other applications AND I HAVE THE UPDATED WINDOWS 10. I have done disk cleanups, changed advanced settings but still nothing can I be helped?...
  10. Slow typing response in Internet Explorer and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Slow typing response in Internet Explorer and Edge: I noticed that in IE 11 on Windows 8.1 that there was this slightly perceived typing lag when entering text in fields displayed in the browser. This lag would not be present in Chrome, Opera, and others... so that's what would make it noticeable. When you type fast, it is...