Windows 10: Slow response of windows explorer to keyboard inputs

Discus and support Slow response of windows explorer to keyboard inputs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder containing about 100 pdf files which i am reviewing. Before opening the file, to keep track of progress I am renaming the file. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul Young DCU, May 23, 2020.

1. Slow response of windows explorer to keyboard inputs

I have a folder containing about 100 pdf files which i am reviewing. Before opening the file, to keep track of progress I am renaming the file. In the first instance selection of the file and the second click to rename must be undertaken carefully as the selection and highlighting of the file is slow. When finished with the renaming inserting an 'x' at the start of the filename and pressing enter the update of the filename can take 10 seconds and and a second pressing of the enter key to open the file can take another several seconds before the circle to show that activity is taking place appears. This is not a difficult task for a computer. What is windows doing to slow all of this down?

:)

Paul Young DCU, May 23, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 23, 2020
  3. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, May 23, 2020
  4. Slow response of windows explorer to keyboard inputs

Keyboard input problem.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Type "language" in the search bar, choose Settings, and then tap or click
      Add a language.

• Choose the language that you want to add, click Options next to the language name, and then click
      Add an input method.

• Browse the input method list and look for the keyboard layout you want to use.

• double-click the keyboard layout, and click Save.
    For more information click on the link below and see if it helps. (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Slow response of windows explorer to keyboard inputs

1. Slow response of windows explorer to keyboard inputs - Similar Threads - Slow response explorer

2. Keyboard Keystrokes no response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Keystrokes no response: Keyboard keystrokes don't work or take repeated input and then repeat multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keystrokes-no-response/3e360f8a-baab-4ae8-9183-dd54cbe3415c
  3. Keyboard late response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard late response: Dear Sir/ Madam, On my new computer, I am not sure why suddently after login has very slow keyboard response. It takes 3-4 seconds of holding the key down to get a response for delete button and repeat letter. The mouse works fine. The problem effects everything, atfter...
  4. slow response to websites

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slow response to websites: very slow response to click on websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response-to-websites/4616451f-328d-43ae-bb0f-878be17fda4e
  5. Slow Response Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Response Time: Entering into the game works prefect; however once selections are made and the game begins, response time is impossible. Clicking onto a number called, or the thermostat climbing and clicking onto it is the problem. Is there a solution to this issue?...
  6. Slow Response Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Response Time: The response time for this game isn't working as it should. When I click my mouse for example to select a number that has been called it does not respond or light up. Also the bonus prompts time is slow. Can you resolve this issue for me?...
  7. keyboard response

keyboard response: My key board is very slow and inconsistent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-response/d08c7be1-1b39-4ff4-a0b4-7791d3e5e348
  8. Slow typing response in Internet Explorer and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Slow typing response in Internet Explorer and Edge: I noticed that in IE 11 on Windows 8.1 that there was this slightly perceived typing lag when entering text in fields displayed in the browser. This lag would not be present in Chrome, Opera, and others... so that's what would make it noticeable. When you type fast, it is...
  9. Mouse and keyboard input are slow to respond.

Mouse and keyboard input are slow to respond.: Hello, I've been having this issue since the last Windows 10 update, When I first power on the computer the mouse and keyboard are slow to respond as if there is lag between them and the computer. Also the HDD activity light is going nuts. When I restart the computer...
  10. Windows Key on Keyboard Not Responsive

Windows Key on Keyboard Not Responsive: My Windows key on the keyboard is not working. I have run through the sfc scannow and the dism repairs and such and it claims everything is working. I did a clean reboot of Windows 10 (Education) and the problem still persists. Looking at the keyboard driver (Thermal...