Windows 10: Slow response on initial startup

Discus and support Slow response on initial startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I restart my computer, the initial Windows screen comes up as normal. However, I must hit enter several times to be allowed to sign-in. Once I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bg1969, Dec 19, 2019.

1. bg1969 Win User

Slow response on initial startup

When I restart my computer, the initial Windows screen comes up as normal. However, I must hit enter several times to be allowed to sign-in. Once I sign in with my pin, things slow to a crawl. Usually, the desktop comes up but often without words or it flashes numberous times times. Eventually, it settles and then things just start running in the background. Keystrokes will takes minutes to respond if at all. I have looked at the task manager and when it finally comes up, I will see a 50% disk usage even though the hard drive has little on it. I suspect it is the z drive that is the issue here. Eventually, after about 30 minutes, everything settles down and everything performs as usual.

Any thoughts on what could be going on or what I can do to stop this? I am running Windows 10 on a Dell and everything is up to date

:)

bg1969, Dec 19, 2019
  2. SlipSlice Win User

Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool Slow response on initial startup :cool:

SlipSlice, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 19, 2019
  4. catstone Win User

Slow Startup

see if my words helps...skip the steps that u already tried.
    1. check the start-up items. Run the command of "msconfig" , check the "start up" page(i am not sure of the precise name of this page,coz.i am using chinese version of windows). diable ALL the items listed. save the setting and restart.
    2. check the free space of each partition of harddisk. make sure that each partition has a free space of more than 1 gb( higher ,better).
    3. check the list of installed programs, through the control panel. uninstall those seldom used
    4. it might be unkown comflict of softwares. keep your system as clean as possible. for example, you can disable your antivirus, then restart to see if it is faster
    5. it might be fragments. defrag all partitions.
    6. manage the services of your system. right click "my computer",click "manage(G)", in the window below, the third level-1 menu is "service and applications". disable unecessary auto startup services.
    7. up to repend~~

catstone, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Slow response on initial startup - Similar Threads - Slow response initial

2. Initial slowness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Initial slowness: After startup, my Win10 laptop goes through a period of very slow response lasting 3-10 min. It's been like this for a few months. It's bad enough that I can't do hardly anything. Windows appears to be fully loaded, with the desktop icons in place and everything looking...
  3. Initial slowness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initial slowness: After startup, my Win10 laptop goes through a period of very slow response lasting 3-10 min. It's been like this for a few months. It's bad enough that I can't do hardly anything. Windows appears to be fully loaded, with the desktop icons in place and everything looking...
  4. Initial slowness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  6. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  7. Slow response

Slow response: My keyboard giving me a very slow response on typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response/1a3f12a0-1adb-4de8-884d-0e0476213f70
  8. SLOW RESPONSE

in Windows 10 Customization
    SLOW RESPONSE: My PC has been slowing down for a while now, I can open a browser and wait for minutes for it to load the same applies to other applications AND I HAVE THE UPDATED WINDOWS 10. I have done disk cleanups, changed advanced settings but still nothing can I be helped?...
  9. slow response to websites

slow response to websites: very slow response to click on websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response-to-websites/4616451f-328d-43ae-bb0f-878be17fda4e
  10. Slow Response Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Response Time: Entering into the game works prefect; however once selections are made and the game begins, response time is impossible. Clicking onto a number called, or the thermostat climbing and clicking onto it is the problem. Is there a solution to this issue?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow nitial start