Windows 10: Slow response opening applications Windows 10

Discus and support Slow response opening applications Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Applications that usually open in a few seconds take up to 2 minutes to launch. I have no idea what might have changed in the last 24 hours. I'm up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SweetTasha, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Slow response opening applications Windows 10

Applications that usually open in a few seconds take up to 2 minutes to launch. I have no idea what might have changed in the last 24 hours. I'm up to date on Windows. The Task Manager Resource Manager shows 50%+ memory usage. I don't now whether that's atypical for my system. About 1/3 of that is being used by two processes: DWM and Malwarebytes.

I really don't have a clue where to start troubleshooting. I will appreciate and try any suggestions.

RESOURCE MONITOR

Slow response opening applications Windows 10 ee9b9e8c-3852-48f5-a0c4-063bd418982c?upload=true.png

TIA.
    SweetTasha.

:)

SweetTasha, Dec 8, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2020
  3. chadwick0 Win User
    Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Slow response opening applications Windows 10

Windows 10 Very Slow Opening Applications!!

Windows 10 Very Slow Opening Applications!!

Do NOT tell me to do a Safe boot and run SFC.... that is a useless and lazy response from Microsoft!!

thewizardoz, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Slow response opening applications Windows 10

1. Slow response opening applications Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Slow response opening

2. win 10 slow response

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 slow response: Hi,i had problems with my win 10 response .The choices of accout for example was lagging till stop. I thought was better, to do format to my pc, and install the win10 from the begining . I did.The setting choice is not frozen now, but again, the response is very slow. My pc ,...
  3. slow opening response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow opening response: Iv downloaded MS flight sim 2020 and upon opening it when I get to the "checking for updates" the program lags then stops. I did a speed test on my wi fi set up and the results are as follows Ping 1Ms Download 33.26 Mps upload is 7.83 Mps could anyone help me with this...
  4. Slow response

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow response: My keyboard giving me a very slow response on typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response/1a3f12a0-1adb-4de8-884d-0e0476213f70
  5. SLOW RESPONSE

in Windows 10 Customization
    SLOW RESPONSE: My PC has been slowing down for a while now, I can open a browser and wait for minutes for it to load the same applies to other applications AND I HAVE THE UPDATED WINDOWS 10. I have done disk cleanups, changed advanced settings but still nothing can I be helped?...
  6. windows 10 is slow on opening any application

windows 10 is slow on opening any application: Hey I am a Windows 10 user and i bought my laptop few days back, after some days i am facing problems on opening any application in my laptop. When I ON my laptop it take more time to open welcome screen and when i open fie explorer, mail, settings, visual studio code or any...
  7. Extremely slow application response becuase of regional format

Extremely slow application response becuase of regional format: We have legacy MFC based desktop application, our application is loading configurations/settings from a file, floating points are either comma or decimal separated. Our application was running quite nicely on Windows 10 until we updated to 1903 Build. Application takes a lot...
  8. Slow typing in Windows 10, slow mouse response

Slow typing in Windows 10, slow mouse response: Recently when I am typing in browser, Word, e-mail or any APP, the letters are delayed as I type. The mouse also is very slow to respond. I am on a 2 year old Lenova Aspire , Intel i7 6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 with 8 GB Ram. I reset my PC with reinstall of Windows 10 but...
  9. Windows 10 Very Slow Opening Applications!!

Windows 10 Very Slow Opening Applications!!: Windows 10 Very Slow Opening Applications!! Do NOT tell me to do a Safe boot and run SFC.... that is a useless and lazy response from Microsoft!!...
  10. Application responsiveness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application responsiveness: Hello tenforums users! So I am using applications like Process Lasso and WhySoSlow. Sometimes when turning on and using some of applications in the Process Lasso app I can see a Responsiveness of application that it has a high usage and my laptop freezes for few secs. In...