Windows 10: Slow restart because of password screens

Discus and support Slow restart because of password screens in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I need to restart, there are some windows screens pertaining to biometric authentication and a password prompt that slow down the restart process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Purfect, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Purfect Win User

Slow restart because of password screens

When I need to restart, there are some windows screens pertaining to biometric authentication and a password prompt that slow down the restart process by several minutes. I would like to eliminate those screens. I don't use a password or any biometric authentication.

:)

Purfect, Jul 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 slow invalid password verification

Hi Neil,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or network settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you logging in as Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    • Are you able to login to the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if you are able to login properly or not.

1. At login page, enter the password.

2. Then after entering the password, click on Eye icon which is present on the right side inside the password box. It will display the password entered.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with slow password verification in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Slow restart because of password screens

OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Slow restart because of password screens

1. Slow restart because of password screens - Similar Threads - Slow restart password

2. Laptop screen slow after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen slow after restarting: Hello, after I restarted my laptop, I cannot change the brightness of my screen anymore, everything is running. In the display settings alot of display stuff is shown as unknown, and im stuck at 64 refresh-rate.Tried to re-install AMD-Drivers and that didn't help. Windows 11...
  3. Laptop screen slow after restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen slow after restarting: Hello, after I restarted my laptop, I cannot change the brightness of my screen anymore, everything is running. In the display settings alot of display stuff is shown as unknown, and im stuck at 64 refresh-rate.Tried to re-install AMD-Drivers and that didn't help. Windows 11...
  4. Slow Windows login password screen loadup times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Windows login password screen loadup times: I have a Celeron dual core 2Ghz laptop, with an upgraded SSD. It's been working fine for many years, however, with the latest Windows 7 updates, the login screen takes slightly more and more time, before I can actually type my x-digit numerical login password.It's not a...
  5. Slow Windows login password screen loadup times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Windows login password screen loadup times: I have a Celeron dual core 2Ghz laptop, with an upgraded SSD. It's been working fine for many years, however, with the latest Windows 7 updates, the login screen takes slightly more and more time, before I can actually type my x-digit numerical login password.It's not a...
  6. Slow restart / startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow restart / startup: My laptop was boot slowly 1 minutes and 35 s in shutdown and 1 m : 45 s in restart , start counting from hp logo , most of the time in the hp logo loading it takes about 50 seconds followd by black screen for 20 seconds , so i turned on fast startup and now it take 30...
  7. welcome screen and password box loading very slow

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    welcome screen and password box loading very slow: When I am starting windows, it is taking 2-4 minutes to load the welcome screen and then the password box is coming (my pc password protected). pls suggest fix....
  8. Password on restart

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password on restart: I fixed this one time before but now my CPU keeps wanting a password on restart this I think happened after a windows update*Sad 25441
  9. Restart very slow?

Restart very slow?: Hey Guys I have fast start up enabled ( it's ticked but greyed out , reg enrty is set to 1 ) But I have set hibernation to never, will this combo work? Time I get is around 14 secs. Also the restart option seems extremely slow ie around 1 minute, is this normal? Is...
  10. Slow shutdown and restart

Slow shutdown and restart: I have recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. However, during a shutdown or restart, it takes 2-3 minutes for my computer to perform a fore mentioned. I get the "Shutting Down" or "Restarting" message for an age followed by a "cannot shutdown due to the following apps"...