Windows 10: slow restart in Windows 10

Discus and support slow restart in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 1809 have a slow restart (more than 80 seconds). I tried all the following: 1. Turn on fast startup was unchecked in power options 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeventisIoannis, Jun 21, 2019.

1. slow restart in Windows 10

Windows 10 1809 have a slow restart (more than 80 seconds). I tried all the following:

1. Turn on fast startup was unchecked in power options

2. Windows Search service was disabled

3. Windows backup service was disabled

4. Service SysMain was disabled

But nothing changed. Any suggestions?

:)

LeventisIoannis, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 21, 2019
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad slow restart in Windows 10 :mad:

scevism, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

slow restart in Windows 10

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

slow restart in Windows 10

1. slow restart in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - slow restart

2. Wifi disconnects and reconnects after restart/replug, becoming incredibly slow after reconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disconnects and reconnects after restart/replug, becoming incredibly slow after reconnect.: There are days where this happens and days when it doesn't, it doesn't seem to be an isp issue as the wifi difficulties are gone when I restart my pc. Some time after my pc restarts or I replug the wifi cable in, it disconnects and reconnects seen in the bottom corner and...
  3. Wifi disconnects and reconnects after restart/replug, becoming incredibly slow after reconnect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disconnects and reconnects after restart/replug, becoming incredibly slow after reconnect.: There are days where this happens and days when it doesn't, it doesn't seem to be an isp issue as the wifi difficulties are gone when I restart my pc. Some time after my pc restarts or I replug the wifi cable in, it disconnects and reconnects seen in the bottom corner and...
  4. Wifi disconnects and reconnects after restart/replug, becoming incredibly slow after reconnect.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi disconnects and reconnects after restart, becoming incredibly slow after reconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disconnects and reconnects after restart, becoming incredibly slow after reconnect.: There are days where this happens and days when it doesn't, it doesn't seem to be an isp issue as the wifi difficulties are gone when I restart my pc. A few minutes last time I checked 23 after my pc restarts, it disconnects and reconnects seen in the bottom corner and then...
  6. Wifi disconnects and reconnects after restart, becoming incredibly slow after reconnect.

Wifi disconnects and reconnects after restart, becoming incredibly slow after reconnect.: There are days where this happens and days when it doesn't, it doesn't seem to be an isp issue as the wifi difficulties are gone when I restart my pc. A few minutes last time I checked 23 after my pc restarts, it disconnects and reconnects seen in the bottom corner and then...
  7. Wifi disconnects and reconnects after restart, becoming incredibly slow after reconnect.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  9. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  10. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware