Windows 10: Slow restart windows 10 solved

Discus and support Slow restart windows 10 solved in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Guys, After a long search on te web I finally found a sollution to my problem with the restart issue. If shutdown works fine but the restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ServanSchreiber, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Slow restart windows 10 solved

Hi Guys,

After a long search on te web I finally found a sollution to my problem with the restart issue.

If shutdown works fine but the restart takes like minutes or hours or forever the following steps can work:

1. start regedit in administrator modus.

2. find registry key : Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control

3. set value WaitToKillServiceTimeout to 1000

4. find registry key : Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

5. set value ClearPageFileAtShutdown to 0

6. close regedit and restart

What was forever became immediatly

Hope it works for you

Greetings

:)

ServanSchreiber, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2019
  4. scevism Win User

Slow restart windows 10 solved

windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Slow restart windows 10 solved :mad:

scevism, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Slow restart windows 10 solved

1. Slow restart windows 10 solved - Similar Threads - Slow restart solved

2. windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown: new win 10 in new del laptop. ver 1809, start after shutdown : 1 min 52 sec restart : more than 2 minutes. how reduce this time ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-restart-slow-start-after-shutdown/44277b0f-bbe8-4c5a-8a95-45c205c50e2e
  3. win 10 slow restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 slow restart: i have new laptop Dell. i installed new windows 10 with updates. starting after shutdown takes 35 seconds. however, restarting taes more than 2 minutes.. how to reduce restart time ?...
  4. Slow restarting win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow restarting win 10: I reinstalled windows 10 about 30 days ago I have been able to keep it malware and virus free, I have run the Windows download virus scan and I use Malware anti-malware. But when I restart my desktop i7 860 it stops at the bio's screen when I can choose f9 or f10 to change...
  5. Restart very slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart very slow?: Hey Guys I have fast start up enabled ( it's ticked but greyed out , reg enrty is set to 1 ) But I have set hibernation to never, will this combo work? Time I get is around 14 secs. Also the restart option seems extremely slow ie around 1 minute, is this normal? Is...
  6. SOLVED: Startup speeds slow

SOLVED: Startup speeds slow: the windows logo comes, the circle starts. it boots fast; the next time very slow (circle goes on and on, until it starts); the next time fast; the next time very slow..... ??? this is a fresh install of windows 10 pro on a good empty hard drive. 52109
  7. Slow shutdown and restart

Slow shutdown and restart: I have recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. However, during a shutdown or restart, it takes 2-3 minutes for my computer to perform a fore mentioned. I get the "Shutting Down" or "Restarting" message for an age followed by a "cannot shutdown due to the following apps"...
  8. Very slow restart

Very slow restart: Before I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 it took only about a minute to restart. After the upgrade to Win 10 it takes about 5 minutes to restart. How do I fix this? 23718
  9. Slow restart and boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow restart and boot: Hello guys...Any solution about slow restart and boot ? 63858
  10. Windows 10 Slow on Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Slow on Restart: Hi Guys, I have recently just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8 via the recommended way. However, I have noticed it take a bit longer to start up and restart than Windows 8, it's like I have gone back to Win Vista or 7. Firstly is this just teething issues and does...