Windows 10: Slow right -> New on File Explorer click on Windows 10

Discus and support Slow right -> New on File Explorer click on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed a really weird situation on my Windows 10, When I press right click it works good and immediately, but then, when I go to "New"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dorki, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Dorki Win User

Slow right -> New on File Explorer click on Windows 10

Hello,

I noticed a really weird situation on my Windows 10,
    When I press right click it works good and immediately, but then, when I go to "New" section, it takes FOREVER, like 5 seconds which is A LOT if you think about it and really count this time for a moment.

I tried various things to solve this solution:

1. Restart computer of course.
    2. I tried many Registry editors to remove as much stuff as possible from Right click -> New, i came to a situation i can only do New Folder, and even then, it was the same, still takes a lot of time to show up.

Any suggestions how could this problem be solved?

Thanks in advanced!

:)

Dorki, Mar 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 file explorer very slow (working on it...) issue

This seemed to help. Time will tell. It certainly is more helpful and practical than the suggestion to end toe Explorer task and start a new one.

SamMcSpadden, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Slow right -> New on File Explorer click on Windows 10

'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Slow right -> New on File Explorer click on Windows 10

1. Slow right -> New on File Explorer click on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Slow right File

2. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  3. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  4. File Explorer opening folders slow/right click delay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer opening folders slow/right click delay?: Happened to me on almost every Windows installation I've used, despite average specs it almost feels like a curse. File Explorer keeps taking ~2 seconds not responding when I try to open any folder (regardless of contents), and sometimes a minute not responding when I right...
  5. File Explorer Right Click Delay

File Explorer Right Click Delay: Windows 10 64bit Pro; Windows File Explorer This problem occurs with Pictures Screenshot *.png files and maybe others. After screenshot is taken, right click the *.png file. The blue circle busy icon appears for about 30 seconds before the context menu appears. Afterward...
  6. Right Clicking on File Explorer on Quick Access bar is very slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Clicking on File Explorer on Quick Access bar is very slow: Why is Right Clicking on File Explorer on Quick Access bar is very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-clicking-on-file-explorer-on-quick-access/a56936c2-ee1e-4c0c-8795-990188b8ae92
  7. Right click hangs for File Explorer

Right click hangs for File Explorer: I have an issue that just started, and I could use some help. I want to format a hard drive, but when I ues File Explorer and right click on it to do this, I just get " not responding" Can anyone help me to fix this please? Thank you...
  8. Slow right -> New on File Explorer click on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow right -> New on File Explorer click on Windows 10: Hello, I noticed a really weird situation on my Windows 10, When I press right click it works good and immediately, but then, when I go to "New" section, it takes FOREVER, like 5 seconds which is A LOT if you think about it and really count this time for a moment. I tried...
  9. Right click new folder windows 10 very slow

Right click new folder windows 10 very slow: Every time I right click go to new the computer just locks up for 10 seconds. Windows explorer will say "Not responding" than I can click on new folder. When I do this in the task manager it says "appmodel, State Repository Service" goes into high gear and takes alot of CPU...
  10. Windows 10 1809 > Right click > New - Explorer Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1809 > Right click > New - Explorer Crash: Well, after updated to 1809 when I right click in the Explorer to create a new folder or anything other Explorer freeze for a 20sec and then nothing happens. After a few moments when I try again the context menu opens the "NEW" items but with in a few seconds. Then it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click windows 10 slow

2. new file is slow