Windows 10: Slow running Windows 10

Discus and support Slow running Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having to post on here again as my Windows 10 laptop is running unbelievably slowly, for no apparent reason apart from the fact that Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Player825071963, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Slow running Windows 10

I am having to post on here again as my Windows 10 laptop is running unbelievably slowly, for no apparent reason apart from the fact that Microsoft puts an update on, and everything grinds to a halt.

To provide an assurance that i have taken all steps to keep my laptop updated with standard and recommended settings, i can say i have.

I tend to keep everything as Microsoft recommends and i hope i dont get the usual "have you checked this" kind of response.

To give you an idea of the problem, i used my laptop 24 hours ago and everything was running just fine. 24 hours later i switch it on and it took 30 minutes to load Edge, and when i restarted it, the laptop took 45 minutes to start again. So that's 1 hour 15 minutes to get to the desktop screen!!

Tried to open Outlook and it's another 15 minutes. Every click takes an absolute age to register.

I do hope that as a regular user, someone, somewhere within the upper echelons of Microsoft will acknowledge, that this is quite simply unacceptable. Hopefully this disastrous Windows 10 update process that Microsoft has in place is fixed.

All we ever hear from Microsoft, is how wonderful Windows 10 is. When it works, then yes it is. When it doesn't, the operating system is worse than Vista, and that is saying something.

My question isn't how do i fix this? Because i should not have to fix it. My question is, when will Microsoft firstly acknowledge there is a serious flaw with their update and upgrade methodology, and secondly, when will Microsoft improve their testing, so that the operating system works smoothly like an Apple Mac, Chromebook or even older versions of Windows?

Thank you.

:)

Player825071963, Jan 27, 2019

2. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 RUNNING SO SLOW?

Hi Sven,

Thanks for showing interest on Windows 10.

I would suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 27, 2019
  3. windows 10 running slow

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Slow running Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Slow running Windows 10

1. Slow running Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Slow running

2. Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.: i can see that more people had the same problems, i need a solution : the internet is too slow!The velocity on Speedtest looks good. i think that is a PC problem like if he has a internet limit. i tried other wifi and its still the same. Thanks u.I have wimdow 11I intalled...
  3. Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.: i can see that more people had the same problems, i need a solution : the internet is too slow!The velocity on Speedtest looks good. i think that is a PC problem like if he has a internet limit. i tried other wifi and its still the same. Thanks u.I have wimdow 11I intalled...
  4. Help!! My laptop is running slow after downloading a cracked minecraft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help!! My laptop is running slow after downloading a cracked minecraft: Someone please help!! After I downloaded a free cracked Minecraft from a link in YT , my acer laptop was working perfectly fine and it was running smoothly, but then the next day when I turned my laptop on, It started lagging a lot, my apps are taking so slow to open and when...
  5. Help!! My laptop is running slow after downloading a cracked minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help!! My laptop is running slow after downloading a cracked minecraft: Someone please help!! After I downloaded a free cracked Minecraft from a link in YT , my acer laptop was working perfectly fine and it was running smoothly, but then the next day when I turned my laptop on, It started lagging a lot, my apps are taking so slow to open and when...
  6. Help!! My laptop is running slow after downloading a cracked minecraft

7. I have made some changes to the computer now it is running slow, how do I revert the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have made some changes to the computer now it is running slow, how do I revert the...: I have made some changes to the computer now it is running slow, how do I revert the msconfig changes on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-made-some-changes-to-the-computer-now-it-is/43359a9d-2a5d-4fe5-8594-a35d1624b825
  8. I have made some changes to the computer now it is running slow, how do I revert the...

I have made some changes to the computer now it is running slow, how do I revert the...: I have made some changes to the computer now it is running slow, how do I revert the msconfig changes on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-made-some-changes-to-the-computer-now-it-is/43359a9d-2a5d-4fe5-8594-a35d1624b825
  9. Quickbooks running very slow, Please Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickbooks running very slow, Please Help!: I have updated my QuickBooks to the latest version but now my QuickBooks running very slow. How do I solve it? Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quickbooks-running-very-slow-please-help/1e4b1771-9b97-4e68-bf2e-f1f3b20dced6
  10. Quickbooks running very slow, Please Help!

Quickbooks running very slow, Please Help!: I have updated my QuickBooks to the latest version but now my QuickBooks running very slow. How do I solve it? Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quickbooks-running-very-slow-please-help/1e4b1771-9b97-4e68-bf2e-f1f3b20dced6