Windows 10: Slow running windows on a new computer?

Discus and support Slow running windows on a new computer? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yeah, I am just really frustrated... I broke my laptop and they gave me a new one at best buy. I get home open it up and set it up and oh wow that lag... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brendangilman, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Slow running windows on a new computer?

Yeah, I am just really frustrated... I broke my laptop and they gave me a new one at best buy. I get home open it up and set it up and oh wow that lag is horrific. This is a 2018 model with 16GB of ram and something is not right. Windows 10 is fully updated to the lastest 1803 and before i did that update i ‘reset’ the laptop. Still lagging. How do I fix this memory?

:)

brendangilman, Dec 18, 2018

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Dec 18, 2018
  3. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 RUNNING SO SLOW?

Hi Sven,

Thanks for showing interest on Windows 10.

I would suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Slow running windows on a new computer?

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Slow running windows on a new computer?

1. Slow running windows on a new computer? - Similar Threads - Slow running computer

2. Slow running computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow running computer: Greetings all, my computer has recently begun running slow sluggish might be a better term. I regularly perform the "File Cleanup" utility both regular and administrator. Plus, I have the defrag utility set to automatic. I use Chrome and my "Home page" doesn't load on the...
  3. Slow running computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow running computer: Greetings all, my computer has recently begun running slow sluggish might be a better term. I regularly perform the "File Cleanup" utility both regular and administrator. Plus, I have the defrag utility set to automatic. I use Chrome and my "Home page" doesn't load on the...
  4. Slow running computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. computer running slow

computer running slow: how to fix when computer running slow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow/03e9fd7f-c565-4870-a09b-84a1b8f7a7e1
  6. Brand New Computer Running Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand New Computer Running Slow: I just recently bought a new desktop but after a few days my computer started lagging. My computer won't restart or shut down unless I force shut down the computer by holding the power button till computer is completely off. If I try shutting down through the software it just...
  7. computer running slow

computer running slow: My computer is running really slow. i think it might have unnecessary programs running in the background. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow/eb81b1ff-9aa4-4f57-9621-8b196bd392ef
  8. computer running slow

computer running slow: im running windows 10 on a hp laptop, and with all the system updates and everything running smoothly and I might add, I do clear my caches, browsing history, have plenty of disk space, am not running unnecessary apps in background, and yet, when I try to play any uploaded...
  9. computer running slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer running slow: How to make computer run fast again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow/a47a133c-9d89-4d97-9d52-2020c99f3b1b
  10. Computer Running Slow

Computer Running Slow: Please Help! My computer is running very slow. This wasn’t a gradual problem, one day it was fine and the next it wasn’t. I tried a system restore but didn’t have any history to do so. It’s slow on line or off line. When transferring data from on device to another it’s just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after running computer for a while teh mouse starts to skip