Windows 10: Slow Shutdown after Upgrade to Windows 10 1903

Discus and support Slow Shutdown after Upgrade to Windows 10 1903 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I upgraded my Dell Optiplex desktop to Windows 10 1903 and noticed that the time to shutdown had increased from about 10 seconds to around 90 seconds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by greenfid, May 27, 2019.

1. greenfid Win User

Slow Shutdown after Upgrade to Windows 10 1903

I upgraded my Dell Optiplex desktop to Windows 10 1903 and noticed that the time to shutdown had increased from about 10 seconds to around 90 seconds. I reverted back to 1809 but still have the long shutdown period.

I have tried, updating graphics and audio drivers, toggling Hibernate on/off, chkdsk, SFC /Scannow, DISM Restore Health. I have also installed Windows Performance Recorder and analysed the trace files, it looks like LogonUI.exe is the culprit.

Any thoughts before I do a clean install, I know I should have imaged the PC before doing the upgrade. :-%

:)

greenfid, May 27, 2019
  2. Da-BRT Win User

Windows 10 very slow on shutdown

Hello,

I'm having problems shutting down my HP EliteBook after upgrade to Windows 10. It takes up to a couple of minutes before its shutdown. With the previous installed Windows 8 it was not an issue.

With searching i found some regedit functions and I checked this, but still very slow on shutdown.

Who can suggest something else?

Da-BRT, May 27, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 27, 2019
  4. Slow Shutdown after Upgrade to Windows 10 1903

Windows 10 slow shutdown

Hello Jen,

There are several reasons for this kind of issue to occur on Windows 10. The slow shutdown can be due to an ongoing background process. That being said, we'll need more information to properly address your concern. Please clarify the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What is the current Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC?
    To verify the Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC, click the Start button, type About
    your PC, and then press Enter.

Devlin Sco, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Slow Shutdown after Upgrade to Windows 10 1903

1. Slow Shutdown after Upgrade to Windows 10 1903 - Similar Threads - Slow Shutdown Upgrade

2. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue After 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Shutdown Issue After 1903 Update: Hi All, I am currently using Windows 10 version 1803 on my desktop PC. I have tried updating to versions 1809, 1903 and 1909. During the update process the computer restarts (which I know is normal and expected), however it just shuts down instead of restarting. When I...
  3. Shutdown of Windows 10 for no known reason after Windows Upgrade to version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutdown of Windows 10 for no known reason after Windows Upgrade to version 1903: 1. I recently updated Win 10 to version 1903. Since the update, my PC shutdowns each day for no known reason. obviously its a software or hardware issue. I first looked at the software. 2. I looked at corrupt files, so I used sfc/SCANNOW. It couldnt repair all the files,...
  4. Slow boot and shutdown after updating to 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow boot and shutdown after updating to 1903: I've updated my windows from 1803 to 1903 yesterday and have noticed starting up my PC took significant longer. Usually it takes 10-15 seconds from completely off to the login screen but after the update the PC will show a black screen after the boot loading screen and stays...
  5. Shutdown problems since upgrading to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown problems since upgrading to 1903: I recently installed upgrade 1903 to Windows 10 on my Dell Latitude and to my Surface 3 Professional. Since the upgrade the Dell latitude takes 20 minutes or more to fully shut down. The Surface is running fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  6. slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903

slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903: I skipped over 1809 and upgraded directly from 1803 to 1903. All went fine but I noticed a significant slowdown in booting. It went from several seconds to 39 seconds. I have a decent desktop computer, enough memory. One possible culprit: I have two physical drives – SSD and...
  7. slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903: I skipped over 1809 and upgraded directly from 1803 to 1903. All went fine but I noticed a significant slowdown in booting. It went from several seconds to 39 seconds. I have a decent desktop computer, enough memory. One possible culprit: I have two physical drives – SSD and...
  8. windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown: new win 10 in new del laptop. ver 1809, start after shutdown : 1 min 52 sec restart : more than 2 minutes. how reduce this time ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-restart-slow-start-after-shutdown/44277b0f-bbe8-4c5a-8a95-45c205c50e2e
  9. Slow shutdown after upgrading to Windows 10

Slow shutdown after upgrading to Windows 10: Slow shutdown after upgrading to Windows 10 on my T61p T61p, T9500, SSD Updated Windows 7 Pro 32 to Windows 10 Pro 32 in place. All works well after a couple of tweeks. Only tweek I did not like was having to disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to...
  10. Slow shutdown windows 10

Slow shutdown windows 10: Hi, i have a windows 10 laptop, 3 days old. When i shut it down, it takes several minutes before it shuts down. It's an acer aspire, the screen goes off, but you can still hear the fan, and the blue light on the case at the front still flickers. Sometimes as long as ten...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface 1903 cannot shutdown

2. windows 10 1903 slow shutdown

3. win 10 shutdown is slow

4. windows 10 1903 slow shut down,
  5. pc shutdown is slow,
  6. windows 10 new install slow to shut down,
  7. windows slow after update 1903,
  8. 1903 windows takes ages to shutdown,
  9. computer no off win 10 1903,
  10. windows 10 1903 cannot shutdown,
  11. windows 10 1903 full shutdown,