Windows 10: Slow Shutdown Process

Discus and support Slow Shutdown Process in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hello i recently upgraded to a new motherboard and CPU alongside with new memory. motherboard im currently using right now is Asrock B450m Pro4. ps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by iDamn, Feb 18, 2019.

1. iDamn Win User

Slow Shutdown Process

hello

i recently upgraded to a new motherboard and CPU alongside with new memory. motherboard im currently using right now is Asrock B450m Pro4. ps. its a new clean install of windows october update 1809.

the problem here is, when i click Shutdown button in windows, like everybody else, it takes quite a few while before it begins the shutting down process. and when it does start, it still takes longer time to actually boot down the pc till completion. its driving me insane. i've also tried shutdown using cmd (shutdown /s) but even then the command takes a while before completing.

ive also tried disabling/enabling "Turn on fast startup" in Power options. i have altered registry "WaitToKillServiceTimeout" from 5000 to 1000, vice versa. used Troubleshooting for Power, all it did was change my Power options from High performance to Balanced. also tried powercfg reset thingy. tried closing softwares down before start shutting down, no dice.

i have Ultra fast boot enabled in BIOS. this issue didnt happen yesterday, or even earlier. it just started all of a sudden.

while im here, i also want to ask why sometimes my keyboard and mouse dont power up at all during boot screen, making the screen (Asrock logo) stuck and only force restart will fix it. leaving me having to press the power button 3 times to actually boot up. (first boot, force restart and another boot)

thanks for any assistants

:)

iDamn, Feb 18, 2019
  2. zinou Win User

slow processing

No problem,

Here is the steps again:

1. In the Windows Start menu type WPRUI, then click on Windows Performance Recorder

Slow Shutdown Process [​IMG]

2. In the Windows Performance Window select the following parameters:

3. In the resulth path, choose a folder on your usb disk to save the file:

4. After the computer restarts and generates the file, compress it and upload it.

zinou, Feb 18, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Slow Shutdown Process

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Slow Shutdown Process

1. Slow Shutdown Process - Similar Threads - Slow Shutdown Process

2. Successful shutdown process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Successful shutdown process: Is it safe to close my lid before seeing the shutdown screen complete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/successful-shutdown-process/811b5c71-196f-47bb-9a0d-9864dfd1b6c2
  3. Successful shutdown process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Successful shutdown process: Is it safe to close my lid before seeing the shutdown screen complete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/successful-shutdown-process/811b5c71-196f-47bb-9a0d-9864dfd1b6c2
  4. Slow Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Shutdown: Hello everyone my laptop was fine but today when i shut it down there were two or three apps which were preventing to shutdown. Two closed so quickly that i couldnt even see the name while one was realtek audio service which also closed quickly. Any fix for this because this...
  5. Slow processing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow processing: Hi,I have been facing this issue since i brought the new laptop. Whenever, there is any update from Microsoft, my disk usage goes to 100% and it gets stuck there. I tried many settings, disabled many unwanted services but I have not found a right solution of this problem....
  6. slow shutdown

slow shutdown: just happened today it took me 10 mins to shutdown idk what I did Im just playing games when i had enough i closed my pc it took me 10 mins to shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-shutdown/0c4677be-7179-41d0-9584-4457d8c88f95
  7. Slow startup and slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow startup and slow shutdown: Hi everyone, I have a problem with my laptop with Windows 10. The startup is very slow (about 5 minutes) and the shutdown is the same. I checked the health of the disk with cristaldiskinfo and it's ok. I also did a malware scan and everything is fine. I disabled all junk...
  8. Slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow shutdown: I've recently upgraded to the 2004 build and since doing so everthing is fine except when i shutdown, before i didnt even have time to reach out to turn the monitor off , now it seems to take quite a while, I've done a Google search for the problem, and tried what was...
  9. laptop restart and shutdown slow process

laptop restart and shutdown slow process: its taking lot of time for shutting down and restarting my laptop, screen gets off and still power button is showing on . almost it takes 1-2 minutes to shut down and restart...
  10. Slow Shutdown Process

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow Shutdown Process: hello i recently upgraded to a new motherboard and CPU alongside with new memory. motherboard im currently using right now is Asrock B450m Pro4. ps. its a new clean install of windows october update 1809. the problem here is, when i click Shutdown button in windows, like...