Windows 10: Slow shutdown

Discus and support Slow shutdown in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've recently upgraded to the 2004 build and since doing so everthing is fine except when i shutdown, before i didnt even have time to reach out to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Malcp63, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Slow shutdown

I've recently upgraded to the 2004 build and since doing so everthing is fine except when i shutdown, before i didnt even have time to reach out to turn the monitor off , now it seems to take quite a while, I've done a Google search for the problem, and tried what was suggested without any success, can anyone please give any advise or suggestions ?

submitted by /u/Malcp63
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Malcp63, Aug 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 Slow Shutdown

Ms. Ruth Buruga, I just want to report regarding your suggestion that I did not have to change ClearPageFile at Shutdown because the value is already at 0. I did change the value of WaitToKillServiceTimeout from 5000 to 1000. Then I restarted my
    computer and tried shutdown. I did not notice any change. The problem is the same that my computer is too slow to shutdown. Anyway, thanks. Rudy Catinidg.

RudyCatindig, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Da-BRT Win User

Slow shutdown

Windows 10 very slow on shutdown

Hello,

I'm having problems shutting down my HP EliteBook after upgrade to Windows 10. It takes up to a couple of minutes before its shutdown. With the previous installed Windows 8 it was not an issue.

With searching i found some regedit functions and I checked this, but still very slow on shutdown.

Who can suggest something else?

Da-BRT, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Slow shutdown

1. Slow shutdown - Similar Threads - Slow shutdown

2. laptop restart and shutdown slow process

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop restart and shutdown slow process: its taking lot of time for shutting down and restarting my laptop, screen gets off and still power button is showing on . almost it takes 1-2 minutes to shut down and restart...
  3. New Windows 10 Slow Shutdown

New Windows 10 Slow Shutdown: I got a genuine Windows for my laptop a few days back. I was using Ubuntu until now. I decided to switch because my hard disk crashed and I had to replace it. So here it is. A fairly new laptop 2 years, 12GB RAM and i5 7th Gen processor. I installed a Crucial MX500 SSD 500GB...
  4. Windows 10 Update 1909 - after update shutdown extremly slow down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 1909 - after update shutdown extremly slow down: Hi, after the windows 10 update 1909 the shutdown is extremly slow. /dehade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-1909-after-update-shutdown/0c9e04d9-d205-45a8-a069-0beb3655d97c
  5. Windows 10 1909 slow shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 slow shutdown and restart: I have windows installed on a SSD. After updating my computer takes around 4 minutes to shutdown and 4 minutes to restart. Before the update it took seconds. What can I do? Fast start is disabled and did the same thing when turned on. There is no more updates and there is...
  6. Slow boot and shutdown after updating to 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow boot and shutdown after updating to 1903: I've updated my windows from 1803 to 1903 yesterday and have noticed starting up my PC took significant longer. Usually it takes 10-15 seconds from completely off to the login screen but after the update the PC will show a black screen after the boot loading screen and stays...
  7. Windows 10 May 2019 Update fixes slow shutdown issue

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update fixes slow shutdown issue: Microsoft recently reported that Windows 10 October 2018 Update has a bug that causes shutdown delay. According to Microsoft, shutting down a USB Type-C supported Windows 10 device can take a long one minute in certain conditions. Windows 10 October 2018 Update doesn’t go...
  8. Windows has slow start-up after Shutdown or Restart

Windows has slow start-up after Shutdown or Restart: My Windows 10 laptop start-up has became slow after updating it to the 1903 update. First week of the update, the start-up was fast and worked fine, Apps starting, no errors, taskbar icons showing properly, following weeks i have shut down my laptop for rest but when I...
  9. Surface Devices Slow Shutdown & Hanging Office Programs After Updating to 1903.

Surface Devices Slow Shutdown & Hanging Office Programs After Updating to 1903.: I've updated four different Surface devices to 1903 (Surface 3, Surface Pro 3, Surface Go & Surface Laptop 1. Two issues that I've noticed with all four devices is that the shut down process often (but not always) takes longer than what I'm used to experiencing. I click the...
  10. Slow Shutdown after Upgrade to Windows 10 1903

Slow Shutdown after Upgrade to Windows 10 1903: I upgraded my Dell Optiplex desktop to Windows 10 1903 and noticed that the time to shutdown had increased from about 10 seconds to around 90 seconds. I reverted back to 1809 but still have the long shutdown period. I have tried, updating graphics and audio drivers,...