Windows 10: slow shutdown

Discus and support slow shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; just happened today it took me 10 mins to shutdown idk what I did Im just playing games when i had enough i closed my pc it took me 10 mins to shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SAMUELJOSIAHLEAL, Jan 30, 2021.

1. slow shutdown

just happened today it took me 10 mins to shutdown idk what I did Im just playing games when i had enough i closed my pc it took me 10 mins to shutdown

:)

SAMUELJOSIAHLEAL, Jan 30, 2021

2. Windows 10 Slow Shutdown

Ms. Ruth Buruga, I just want to report regarding your suggestion that I did not have to change ClearPageFile at Shutdown because the value is already at 0. I did change the value of WaitToKillServiceTimeout from 5000 to 1000. Then I restarted my
    computer and tried shutdown. I did not notice any change. The problem is the same that my computer is too slow to shutdown. Anyway, thanks. Rudy Catinidg.

RudyCatindig, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Da-BRT Win User
    Windows 10 very slow on shutdown

Hello,

I'm having problems shutting down my HP EliteBook after upgrade to Windows 10. It takes up to a couple of minutes before its shutdown. With the previous installed Windows 8 it was not an issue.

With searching i found some regedit functions and I checked this, but still very slow on shutdown.

Who can suggest something else?

Da-BRT, Jan 30, 2021
  4. slow shutdown

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

slow shutdown

1. slow shutdown - Similar Threads - slow shutdown

2. Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...: Hi, so recently a weird issue raised up. So if I start my pc and then quickly shut it down really soon, it will take forever for it to shut down. Somehow the longer the time I have the system running, the quicker it shutdown/restart. like if the pc has been turned on for few...
  3. Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...: Hi, so recently a weird issue raised up. So if I start my pc and then quickly shut it down really soon, it will take forever for it to shut down. Somehow the longer the time I have the system running, the quicker it shutdown/restart. like if the pc has been turned on for few...
  4. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  5. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  6. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 11 slow and laggy after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 slow and laggy after forced shutdown: Hi, last night I accidentally forced my laptop shut while it was in sleep mode.This morning, when I switched it on, it was laggy and slow in general, especially the browser. I use PDF files on Microsoft edge and they started being blurry while scrolling tried switching off...
  8. Windows 11 slow and laggy after forced shutdown

Windows 11 slow and laggy after forced shutdown: Hi, last night I accidentally forced my laptop shut while it was in sleep mode.This morning, when I switched it on, it was laggy and slow in general, especially the browser. I use PDF files on Microsoft edge and they started being blurry while scrolling tried switching off...
  9. Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart: Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-11-slow-to-shutdown-and-restart/ba71a796-5acf-45e1-accc-da6317471ece
  10. Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart

Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart: Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-11-slow-to-shutdown-and-restart/ba71a796-5acf-45e1-accc-da6317471ece