Windows 10: Slow Sign In Log in -Windows 10-

Discus and support Slow Sign In Log in -Windows 10- in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; By 2 weeks ago, I don't know why, Windows is taking 2 to 3 minutes to sign me in my user. Before this 2 weeks it signed in very quickly, just a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mihai999, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Mihai999 Win User

Slow Sign In Log in -Windows 10-

By 2 weeks ago, I don't know why, Windows is taking 2 to 3 minutes to sign me in my user. Before this 2 weeks it signed in very quickly, just a few seconds. Now I have to wait so much and often miss my Microsoft Teams calls.

I want to say that I have another user on my windows. In that user I sign in very quickly, just like the other user before 2 weeks ago, in a few seconds.

I don't know what causes this, one user takes long and the other one signs in quickly.

Please help me fix this.

:)

Mihai999, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Slow Sign In Log in -Windows 10- - Similar Threads - Slow Sign Log

2. Sign in suddenly extremely slow

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in suddenly extremely slow: All of a sudden my login process takes a minute or more from the point after I enter a valid password until the desktop opens.I have tried editing my startup preferences, which may have helped a second or two but not 60.I had accidentally invoked the dreaded 'log in with...
  3. Sign in suddenly extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in suddenly extremely slow: All of a sudden my login process takes a minute or more from the point after I enter a valid password until the desktop opens.I have tried editing my startup preferences, which may have helped a second or two but not 60.I had accidentally invoked the dreaded 'log in with...
  4. Azure sign-in logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Azure sign-in logs: Hi,I've been tracking some activity which I think is somewhat malicious. Within sign-in logs I've noticed quite a few failures from user accounts under application "Microsoft Azure CLI". Over the last month there has been an ever-increasing amount of this traffic from users...
  5. Slow logging into Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow logging into Windows: Hi, I tried every troubleshoot to fix this, but whenever I log into my Windows profile, it takes almost 3 minutes for the desktop to show because the logging in takes a very longtime to load up.. Is there a way to fix it? I'm using Windows 10 Build 19042.658 on my Computer....
  6. Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in: [ATTACH]One of the scenarios that happen on a Windows PC after an upgrade is […] This article Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows 10 slow boot only after signing in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow boot only after signing in.: Afternoon, I have a Windows 10 desktop, version 1909. After switching from version 1903 to 1909, my computer takes over 6 minutes to start after I sign in to Windows. Getting to the sign in screen is quick, it only takes 14 seconds. However, when I enter my credentials and...
  8. Windows 10 logs in very slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 logs in very slow.: My Windows 10 PC turns on relatively quick but when I see welcoming screen with my name and it says "logging in" and the circle made out of dots spins it takes a lot of time. Up to half an hour! It never took more than a minute. Actually I downloaded Microsoft SQL Server 2019...
  9. Suddenly requiring a pin to sign in or log in to PC with Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Suddenly requiring a pin to sign in or log in to PC with Windows 10: How do I remove the new sudden PIN requirement to sign in on my PC with Windows 10?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-requiring-a-pin-to-sign-in-or-log-in-to/3bf50611-6758-4579-a2a2-3e3406949935
  10. Windows logs in slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows logs in slow: Dear people, Ever since I have Windows 10 my logins are slow occasionally. The exact problem is that whenever I write my password to log in, it takes about 15 seconds for the desktop to appear. Normally the desktop appears instantaneously and is responsive from that moment...