Windows 10: slow,slow,slow

Discus and support slow,slow,slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I have a brand new HP laptop with windows 10 , i5 processor & double RAM form my last laptop with windows 7 but I find that it takes easily twice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SusanGamble, Mar 26, 2020.

1. slow,slow,slow

Hi,I have a brand new HP laptop with windows 10 , i5 processor & double RAM form my last laptop with windows 7 but I find that it takes easily twice the time to load pages & get into sites,This was to be an upgrade but it's a sorry excuse for my needs.

What if anything can be done to speed it up.I have done the usual maintenance ,defrag,virus scans,etc.HELP!!

:)

SusanGamble, Mar 26, 2020

2. System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

slow,slow,slow

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

slow,slow,slow

1. slow,slow,slow - Similar Threads - slow slow slow

2. Slow internet and slow computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow internet and slow computer: Hey everyone. My internet and my computer have started being slow recently(especially my internet). I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. What can I do? Thanks. submitted by /u/anihamud444 [link] [comments]...
  3. Slow startup and slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow startup and slow shutdown: Hi everyone, I have a problem with my laptop with Windows 10. The startup is very slow (about 5 minutes) and the shutdown is the same. I checked the health of the disk with cristaldiskinfo and it's ok. I also did a malware scan and everything is fine. I disabled all junk...
  4. Firefox slow and Google slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firefox slow and Google slow: Why does Microsoft IE and Edge work fine; however, these other browsers are slow. I read a complaint about this same issue from 2018 and other years. Apparently you are the culprit! You are the cause of the slowdown. I hope this can't be remedied. This is...
  5. Slow explorer, slow program launchs, slow internet

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow explorer, slow program launchs, slow internet: For some reason lately, I have had a terrible time with programs not opening very fast. Its like the entire PC is lagging terrible. When checking resources , all seem fine and nothing seems to be laggy. After restarting it seems fine for a while. But when programs try to...
  6. Slow Internet Explorer is slow

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Internet Explorer is slow: My faster computer take 10 times longer in internet explorer 11 to bring up a site than my slower computer. I deleted the cookies but didn't help. What could be causing this? Internet edge is OK 148368
  7. Windows Slow and slow down

Windows Slow and slow down: Whats going on in Win 10. The past 2-3 weeks have seen win 10 go from smooth and fast to slow and slow. This forum took 77-78 seconds to open from clicking on shortcut to screen. I have games staggering all over the place like drunken graphics. On occasion sites do not even...
  8. slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown

slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...
  9. Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...
  10. Computers slow slow slow slow down; what do I do?

Computers slow slow slow slow down; what do I do?: Both my and my wife's computer will just sorta die; they work but things that should take a couple seconds take many minutes. Restarting fixes it, but it can take 15 minutes just to shut the computer down. Once I had to unplug it. Mine is 3 months old, hers maybe 5 years....