Windows 10: Slow Speed According to the Test

Discus and support Slow Speed According to the Test in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet provider is Xfinity. I'm on a 400mbps plan. My old modem was a SB6141 which is not rated to be able to handle this speed, so I got a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brucex64, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Brucex64 Win User

Slow Speed According to the Test

My internet provider is Xfinity. I'm on a 400mbps plan. My old modem was a SB6141 which is not rated to be able to handle this speed, so I got a new one - the SB6190. I'm using a desktop...the cable from the wall goes into the modem and then feeds a Belkin router, and from that I have a wired connection to the computer but I can connect to the router with a tv and phone wifi. The computer does not have wifi, so it gets a wire. The modem is right next to it. I tested my speed prior to changing and it was showing around 55mbps. Now with the new modem it shows about 90-95mbps. But why is this so much lower than my plan speed? Is there anything i can do to improve it? I tested the speed with no other devices on. Youtube videos still tend to buffer at times. Should I be seeing a higher speed? Or is there a different more accurate test? (OS version 20H2)

:)

Brucex64, Jun 16, 2021

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Slow Speed According to the Test

speed test

Hi Val,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you referring to Network speed test app or speedtest.net website?

• Do you receive any error message, while trying to access speed test?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Slow Speed According to the Test

1. Slow Speed According to the Test - Similar Threads - Slow Speed According

2. My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow: Alright, I'm at my wit's end here. I just built a new PC that I am using for gaming, and I am hard-lined to my router. When testing my internet speed with Ookla I get around 800 to 900 mbps upload and download speed I have fiber optic. When downloading games or files or...
  3. My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow: Alright, I'm at my wit's end here. I just built a new PC that I am using for gaming, and I am hard-lined to my router. When testing my internet speed with Ookla I get around 800 to 900 mbps upload and download speed I have fiber optic. When downloading games or files or...
  4. Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.: I have recently started experiencing really slow download speeds on every screen when I am using Microsoft Edge,Trying "windows repair" instructions there was a software download called Restoro, that told me I had lots of errors on everything, especially Miscrosoft Edge. But...
  5. Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.

Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.: I have recently started experiencing really slow download speeds on every screen when I am using Microsoft Edge,Trying "windows repair" instructions there was a software download called Restoro, that told me I had lots of errors on everything, especially Miscrosoft Edge. But...
  6. Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. fast pc speed test slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fast pc speed test slow: My new Dell PC is fast downloading but wonder why speed tests oddly show 20-25 Mbps. Get usual 200-250 Mbps on laptop, nothing like router, location etc. has changed otherwise. Not big problem just wondering why can't measure speed. Have reset router, run network...
  8. fast pc speed test slow

fast pc speed test slow: My new Dell PC is fast downloading but wonder why speed tests oddly show 20-25 Mbps. Get usual 200-250 Mbps on laptop, nothing like router, location etc. has changed otherwise. Not big problem just wondering why can't measure speed. Have reset router, run network...
  9. HELP! Slow download speed despite multiple fast speed test results

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Slow download speed despite multiple fast speed test results: Hello everybody, I hope this a good place for this post and my apologies if it is not. So here’s the situation: my wife and I just got a new printer and I was setting it up yesterday. Part of the setup is downloading the software to each of our computers. I downloaded it on...
  10. Win speed test different from Speed test.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win speed test different from Speed test.: My laptop, a Dell Studio 1535 running WIN 10, is ethernet connected to my Century Link 1000A modem/router, When I run the speed test, on the laptop, provided by windows it displays 5.?? mbit upload and a 5.?? download. When I run SpeedTest I get a 5.?? upload and a 47 mbit...