Windows 10: Slow speed on my PC

Discus and support Slow speed on my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having problems with my internet connection for a while, and don't know if there is any fix for this. According to my family's devices, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by emliytaylor, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Slow speed on my PC

I've been having problems with my internet connection for a while, and don't know if there is any fix for this. According to my family's devices, the internet speed is 75mb per second, but when I test my internet its only at 0.5 - 10mb. I don't know how to fix this and don't know if its worth getting a wi-fi extender or changing anything about my PC, I'm on windows 10 and have only had this pc for a few months, does anyone know how to speed up my internet?

:)

emliytaylor, Feb 2, 2021

2. Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Hi Riel,

Reuben

ReubenFaleiro, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 2, 2021
  4. jraptor02 Win User

Slow speed on my PC

Menu Scroll Speed is very slow.

I was wondering if there was a way to increase the scroll speed of the menu's in Edge. I just switched from chrome and it takes forever to scroll in a menu in edge.

NOTE: This is not a corrupt file issue. It scrolls just is really slow.

I use a lot of drop down lists that are very long. It literally scrolls less than 1/4 the speed that chrome does....

Any suggestions?

jraptor02, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Slow speed on my PC

1. Slow speed on my PC - Similar Threads - Slow speed

2. My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?: My HP Pavillion B&o is very slow at startup and stays slow. What can I do to make it faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-extremely-slow-on-start-up-and-even/041baea1-30e7-4cf3-917b-b4c69e759048
  3. My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?: My HP Pavillion B&o is very slow at startup and stays slow. What can I do to make it faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-extremely-slow-on-start-up-and-even/041baea1-30e7-4cf3-917b-b4c69e759048
  4. Mega slow USB speed in normal Windows 10 mode, but very good in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mega slow USB speed in normal Windows 10 mode, but very good in Safe mode: Hello I need help.I have very slow speed with any USB flash memory and very good speed if it is external HDD.If I boot to Safe mode the speed of the same USB flash memory is perfect!Here are the screenshoots to compare:Normal mode:Safe mode:...
  5. Mega slow USB speed in normal Windows 10 mode, but very good in Safe mode

Mega slow USB speed in normal Windows 10 mode, but very good in Safe mode: Hello I need help.I have very slow speed with any USB flash memory and very good speed if it is external HDD.If I boot to Safe mode the speed of the same USB flash memory is perfect!Here are the screenshoots to compare:Normal mode:Safe mode:...
  6. Mega slow USB speed in normal Windows 10 mode, but very good in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microsoft download speed unreasonably slow

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft download speed unreasonably slow: Ever since I paid for a subscription to xbox game pass and then cancelled it, my Microsoft store and xbox app has been dealing with some kind of bug. Microsoft store has insanely slow download speed. Like single digit kbps. I have high speed internet 300 mbps and no other...
  8. Microsoft download speed unreasonably slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft download speed unreasonably slow: Ever since I paid for a subscription to xbox game pass and then cancelled it, my Microsoft store and xbox app has been dealing with some kind of bug. Microsoft store has insanely slow download speed. Like single digit kbps. I have high speed internet 300 mbps and no other...
  9. Microsoft download speed unreasonably slow

10. Why is my internet speed so slow only on my computer?

Why is my internet speed so slow only on my computer?: My internet speed is often all the way down to 1MB/s, whereas on other devices, even when I put my device next to my Wifi adapter on the computer, can reach up to 30MB/s . I have tried pretty much everything and I don't know what to do. For example I tried messing around with...