Windows 10: Slow speeds from the Asus PCE-AC51 Network card

Discus and support Slow speeds from the Asus PCE-AC51 Network card in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got a new PC built with the Asus PCE-AC51 and the downloads speeds are so low compared to what i get from my mobile phone and ipad With my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gezzamondo, May 2, 2020.

1. Slow speeds from the Asus PCE-AC51 Network card

I just got a new PC built with the Asus PCE-AC51 and the downloads speeds are so low compared to what i get from my mobile phone and ipad

With my phone i get 160Mbps Download / 37Mbps Upload

With the Asus PCE-AC51 i only get 40Mbps Download / 30Mbps

Im in the same location when i tested the speeds, is there something in the setting that may be capping the speeds?

Seems like it will only connect to the 2.4ghz and not the 5ghz based on those speeds

:)

Gezzamondo, May 2, 2020

2. EXTREMELY slow WiFi connection on PC with Asus network card

Hello!

I have a big issue. I recently built a PC and bought a Asus PCE-AC51 network card. My WiFI connection is extremely slow (When I do a speedtest now, I get 4mbit/s DOWN and 1mbit/s UP. When I do the exact same speedtest on my phone I get 10x faster results, so
    the WiFi network itself is working perfectly.

So I have tried to check all drivers, Microsoft own and asus (the newest ones). None of the fixes the issue.

I tried network reset (From Settings > Network > Network reset) and also resetting with netsh int ip reset commands etc...

I posted on ASUS forum but didn´t get any response there. Anyone have any idea what can be causing this?

Best regards

Mirrpirrar, May 2, 2020
  3. NeilBott Win User
    Asus AC51 - Cannot turn on wireless

Hi,

I recently moved my AC51 USB wireless adapter from my old iMac to a 4 year-old Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. I've installed the latest driver & utility from the Asus website & checked in Device Manager that all is OK with the adapter.

My router is a Netgear Nighthawk 7500 with latest firmware

But the AC51 does not see ANY wifi networks, in the Utility the 'Radio' is showing 'Off', I've clicked the On button but no change.

I put the AC51 back in the iMac, the Utility finds 15 networks & connects to mine automatically.

Is there a problem with the Asus Utility & Win10?

PS - The laptop has a Broadcom 802.11n adaptor & has never been able to hold a connection to the Nighthawk.

NeilBott, May 2, 2020
  4. Slow speeds from the Asus PCE-AC51 Network card

Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Hi Blair,

There are several factors that affect your internet speed. A few would be connection speed, network traffic, hardware capability, and type of connection. To help us identify what might be causing the slow internet speed on your laptop, allow me to ask the
    following information:

• How's your laptop connected to the network? Is it directly wired to the modem/router or wirelessly connected?
    • Were your other computers that were getting 100 Mbps download speed connected to the same network?
    • Were there other devices connected to the network while you tried to download?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different network? Did you get the same internet speed?

In the meantime, please run a speed test on your laptop. If the internet speed is slower that your internet package, then you may try to update the drivers of your network adapters to ensure that it's up-to-date. Please check out and follow the steps provided
    on this link: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you're trying to download while your laptop is wirelessly connected to your network, then kindly check its wireless adapter speed by checking its Wireless Network Connection Status. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the wireless icon on your system tray, click Open Network & Internet settings, then click
      Wi-Fi.
    2. On the right pane, click Change adapter options.
    3. Right-click your Wireless Network Connection and click
      Status

Please take a screenshot of the status page and kindly include it on your reply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Slow speeds from the Asus PCE-AC51 Network card

1. Slow speeds from the Asus PCE-AC51 Network card - Similar Threads - Slow speeds Asus

2. Help installing ASUS wireless network adapter PCE-AC51

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help installing ASUS wireless network adapter PCE-AC51: Hi all.. I have been trying to install an ASUS PCE-AC51 wireless network adapter to my win 10 computer with no luck. My copmputer has Gigabyte board and AMD processor. I can get the exact specifics if you need themThe problem is the adapter does not show in the device...
  3. Help installing ASUS wireless network adapter PCE-AC51

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help installing ASUS wireless network adapter PCE-AC51: Hi all.. I have been trying to install an ASUS PCE-AC51 wireless network adapter to my win 10 computer with no luck. My copmputer has Gigabyte board and AMD processor. I can get the exact specifics if you need themThe problem is the adapter does not show in the device...
  4. Help installing ASUS wireless network adapter PCE-AC51

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Asus PCE-AX58BT not working

Asus PCE-AX58BT not working: I installed the card to the motherboard and connected the USB however after I downloaded the drivers it didn't work. When I look in Device Manager under Network adapters it isn't showing up, what do I do?...
  6. ASUS PCE-AC68

ASUS PCE-AC68: I am unable to connect my Win 10 computer to the wifi. I am using an ASUS PCE-AC68 adaptor. My son who is a professional tekkie has spent hours trying to make it work, without success, doing all the things Windows tells you to do. It appears to install nicely. But when I try...
  7. Slow Network Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Network Speed: I am helping a friend with her old laptop running Windows 10 Home 64 bit and she has a very slow Internet connection, less than 10Mbps on average. She is paying her ISP for a service called Internet 300 which means she should be getting a download speed of around 200 Mbps. I...
  8. ASUS PCE-AC56 issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ASUS PCE-AC56 issues: Hi all, it's been a struggle to find a solution, so here's my desperate post. I installed a new network adapter ASUS PCE-AC56 ("latest driver" from 19-Sep-2015 v.7.35.317.0) on my PC which is running Windows 10 and I'm getting extremely slow download speed when on wifi:...
  9. Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Asus N580VD slow internet speed: My Asus N580VD download speeds are only about 30 Mbps, I own two other Asus brand notebooks both are model UX501VW. Both of which are posting download speeds of 100 Mbps + and also a Dell 15-567 also posting downloads of just under 100 Mbps. I right clicked Device Manager and...
  10. Having Issue with Asus PCE-N10 PCI-E Wireless-N Network Card

Having Issue with Asus PCE-N10 PCI-E Wireless-N Network Card: I've tried just about everything I could to get this network card to run. I tried the driver that I have on disc, tried the updated driver for Windows 8 64bit on the Asus website, even tried the driver Microsoft has given me. My network card is having issues keeping a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pce-ac51 unable to connect

2. asus pce ac51 slow