Windows 10: Slow start after installing Win 10 Home

Discus and support Slow start after installing Win 10 Home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Win 10 Home and now my computer start up is very slow. Anyone have any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jim_112, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Jim_112 Win User

Slow start after installing Win 10 Home

I recently upgraded to Win 10 Home and now my computer start up is very slow. Anyone have any suggestions?

:)

Jim_112, Dec 11, 2019

2. slow start up * 6 times slower

Hi Ali,

The slow start up on your computer may be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the root cause, we need to gather additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • are you getting any error messages when starting up your computer? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in Safe Mode. This will start your Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. Please follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Once in Safe Mode, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Dec 11, 2019
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Slow start after installing Win 10 Home

WIN 10 is SLOW!!!!

Hi Kevin,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer.

What is the make and model of your computer.

Do you have any third party anti-virus program installed on the computer?

The issue could occur if the computer is not up-to-date.

I suggest you to install all the updates on the computer.

I would suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the required information. We will be happy to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Slow start after installing Win 10 Home

1. Slow start after installing Win 10 Home - Similar Threads - Slow start installing

2. Win 10 Home will not install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Home will not install.: My system was working perfectly on Thursday but when I turned it on Friday it came to the log on screen. My pin was refused, my password was refused, and they could not be verified because of "no internet". I verified my network connection, changed ports and cable with same...
  3. Win 10 Home will not install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home will not install.: My system was working perfectly on Thursday but when I turned it on Friday it came to the log on screen. My pin was refused, my password was refused, and they could not be verified because of "no internet". I verified my network connection, changed ports and cable with same...
  4. Win 10 Home will not install.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. After scam call Win 10 Home will not start!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After scam call Win 10 Home will not start!!: Hi everyone, Wonder if anyone can help, please? I'm trying to start up a Win 10 Home [was S] Acer laptop for some friends after they were scammed by a fake 'fix-it' call. Start screen keeps asking for a password - device was set up without a password, so no help there - and I...
  6. Upgrade to Pro after Win 10 Install which installed Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Pro after Win 10 Install which installed Home: After buying a full-price purple box WIndows 10 Pro Full Version and installing from USB 3.0 KEY it installed Win 10 Home without asking for a Product Key. I have a Product Key card indicating it is a "Windows 10 Pro Product Key". If I go to activation and use Switch...
  7. Install Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Win 10 Home: I bought a computer came with Win 10 Pro, but some features I cannot use , such as window update, will it harm my laptop if I purchase Win 10 home and install in my laptop and give up the Win 10 pro? warranty is not the concern...
  8. win 10 home very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 home very slow: win 10 home is super slow after updates. The websites I am on keep closing on me and I lose my work and have to login again no matter which browser I use. My searches are being redirected. when I type a letter the letter besides it prints instead. My cursor freezes and...
  9. Slow Scanner after clean install win 10 FU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow Scanner after clean install win 10 FU: I have a HP 6500A AIO printer-scanner. After a clean install Win 10 FU, it's extremely slow to load the scanner. It is on a network. It has latest HP drivers. 98240
  10. MSN or win 10 is slow to start or open

in Windows 10 Support
    MSN or win 10 is slow to start or open: Hello, I am not sure here, but it seems after the July 12 updates my windows 10 is real slow to start or open my browser Either Edge or Firefox or the weather app or Word program. I have to hit the the firefox task bar icon twice and after about 30 sec it will open two...