Windows 10: Slow start up and crashes several times when coming out of sleep mode.

Discus and support Slow start up and crashes several times when coming out of sleep mode. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; - Intel(R) Management Engine Interface driver has failed to perform handshake with the Firmware (FWSTS0: 0x1E000042, FWSTS1: 0x66002106). - The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JesseHhhh, Aug 27, 2019.

1. JesseHhhh Win User

Slow start up and crashes several times when coming out of sleep mode.

- Intel(R) Management Engine Interface driver has failed to perform handshake with the Firmware (FWSTS0: 0x1E000042, FWSTS1: 0x66002106).

- The processor speed in group 0 is being limited by the firmware of the computer. Event-id 37; task category 7

- Critical error: event-id 41; Kernel Power; task category 63

All drivers are up to date and i already did a fresh install of windows 10.

I have a MSI GP72 2QE Leopard Pro with Windows 10 home x64 bit OS Version 1903, Build: 18326.295

:)

JesseHhhh, Aug 27, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 27, 2019
  3. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Slow start up and crashes several times when coming out of sleep mode.

slow start up * 6 times slower

Hi Ali,

The slow start up on your computer may be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the root cause, we need to gather additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • are you getting any error messages when starting up your computer? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in Safe Mode. This will start your Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. Please follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Once in Safe Mode, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Slow start up and crashes several times when coming out of sleep mode.

1. Slow start up and crashes several times when coming out of sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Slow start crashes

2. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  3. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  4. Blue screen appears for a split second when coming out of sleep mode and during start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen appears for a split second when coming out of sleep mode and during start up: Blue screen is flasing for about a second or two during start up and during waking up screen after sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-appears-for-a-split-second-when-coming/1f8a9ef0-4dd6-44ba-8f87-95a0c5b01d20
  5. Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode: Hi Team, I am facing strange issue with my Windows. When ever I close the lid, the laptop goes into sleep mode but when I open the lid instead of coming out of the sleep mode, the laptop shuts down. This happens only when the charger is not connected i.e. the laptop is...
  6. Automatic Reboot When COming Out of Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Reboot When COming Out of Sleep Mode: In the past couple weeks, my PC had started rebooting itself whenever it comes out of sleep mode. Before, it resumed wherever you were when it went to sleep. Now, it automatically reboots and takes you though the 5 minutes start up process before you can enter your PIN....
  7. No Display When System Comes Out of Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    No Display When System Comes Out of Sleep Mode: I have 3 monitors connected to dual NVIDIA GeForce GT640 video cards. The MB is ASRock Z77 Professional-M with Intel i3-3220 @3.3ghz Windows 10 Professional 64. When I manually put the system to sleep and come back later in the day and tap the spacebar to start the...
  8. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to come out of Sleep mode: Running a Dell XPS 15, (L502X). Upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro yesterday. Played around a bit with the new OS and then went off to other things. Laptop went into sleep mode after 15 minutes as it always has. But this time I couldn't wake it up. Required me to power off the unit,...
  9. Crash (hard reboot) after coming OUT of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Crash (hard reboot) after coming OUT of Sleep mode: Purchased refurbished Dell Optiplex 755 SFF came with Win7. Performed update to Win10. I only use this machine for watching tv in a spare room, so no important data. No extra software / bloatware / antivirus / etc is installed on it. Only USB device is an IR receiver...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...