Windows 10: slow start up and processing speeds

Discus and support slow start up and processing speeds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear all. Help. I've had my touch screen laptop for about 7 years. I'm not on Windows 10. The start up and switching between programs / apps is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HelenPatchett, Apr 24, 2019.

1. slow start up and processing speeds

Dear all. Help. I've had my touch screen laptop for about 7 years. I'm not on Windows 10. The start up and switching between programs / apps is horrendously slow and I don't know what to do to speed it up. I have used 3.98GB of 4 GB memory. Is this the reason why it is slow? I don't have a lot of pictures on it and I don't know why there is so much stuff in there. Are there any quick fixes. Thanks in advance.

:)

HelenPatchett, Apr 24, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Apr 24, 2019
  3. ReubenFaleiro, Apr 24, 2019
  4. slow start up and processing speeds

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

slow start up and processing speeds

1. slow start up and processing speeds - Similar Threads - slow start processing

2. Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process: Good day,Running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 on a Dell PC 1TB SSD 16GB RAM Intel Core i7Indexing before rebuild showed about 309,000 itemsThat included Outlook PST files and the data files - Index Properties OnlyStarted rebuild 1/27/2023 - today 2/4/2023 - 9 days later only 33,514...
  3. Slow start up !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow start up !!: It must be the age old question "Why is my Windows 10 PC slow to start" ? I have had my Lenovo G700 LAPTOP about 7/8 years now and it is highly maintained. I check for updates each morning, I have little or nothing in my start up programmes, no background apps running apart...
  4. Slow start up !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow start up !!: It must be the age old question "Why is my Windows 10 PC slow to start" ? I have had my Lenovo G700 LAPTOP about 7/8 years now and it is highly maintained. I check for updates each morning, I have little or nothing in my start up programmes, no background apps running apart...
  5. Slow start up !!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Display blur issue and also slow speed of processing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display blur issue and also slow speed of processing.: Hello Community members ! Wish you the greeting of the to all, Hope all doing good. Actually I am having issue on recent windows 10 insider preview update, now i want leave or rollback insider program. how can i leave without loosing my data or installed apps. thanks....
  7. slow start up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    slow start up: Hi, I am on windows 10 and i have two accounts on my PC computer..mine and my wifes. When I start up the computer my account loads in about 30 secs....but when I then log into my wifes account it takes 5 or 6 mins...even when I disable all the start up programs hers still...
  8. Slow Start-up

Slow Start-up: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro (version 1903) on my laptop PC. The issue is that start up takes a long time every time I boot it. Once the lock screen appears, it remains blank for a few seconds until time and notifications appear. Once I hit the space bar, it takes another...
  9. Slow start up

Slow start up: I am having major issues with occasional slow start up with windows 10. Does this have to do with updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-start-up/77889e81-2666-48f5-bdcb-b03d7306799c
  10. Slow Start Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Start Up: Hi there, Lately my laptop has become very slow and is taking very long to start up. Could anybody suggest ways to speed up the start up. My laptop is Dell 4520 and is running on Windows8.1 upgraded to Windows10 and has MSOffice2007 Regards Shambhu...